Welcome to Essendon- Bluey McKenna

The club sent an email 15 mins ago. Can’t copy and paste at the moment.

Now let's get Bennell!

Bennell doesn’t need a line coach.

Good news I suppose. Actually, dunno, is it good news?

It’s definitely news.

A coaching panel with a tough and genuine carnt mentality; LIKE

It’s definitely news.

Debatable.

It's definitely news.
It's definitely olds.

Me no likey.
A guy that had a list of high draft picks at GC and couldn’t develop them worth ■■■■.
Also allowed a culture off drug and alcohol abuse to fester whilst allowing his captain to hold prayer meetings instead of dealing with things.
Would rather he wasn’t there, but oh well, he is.
I’ll live.

Me no likey.
A guy that had a list of high draft picks at GC and couldn’t develop them worth ■■■■.
Also allowed a culture off drug and alcohol abuse to fester whilst allowing his captain to hold prayer meetings instead of dealing with things.
Would rather he wasn’t there, but oh well, he is.
I’ll live.

That said if Ablett doesn’t do his shoulder last year that group probably sneaks into the finals and he keeps his job

By alcohol abuse are you referring to the bloke who had a wine with dinner?

No

I am not surprised.
25% of the list are gone, after next year another 25% will go, and at the end of 2018 the team and the coaches will be almost unrecognisable compared with the 2015 team.

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Guy McKenna has been appointed as Line Coach for the 2016 season.

McKenna’s appointment completes the Club’s senior coaching panel for the upcoming season.

General Manager of Football, Rob Kerr, said McKenna brings more than a decade of coaching experience to the Bombers.

“Guy emerged as the standout candidate during the thorough selection process,” Kerr said.

“Guy’s appointment further strengthens our experienced senior coaching panel of John Worsfold, Mark Harvey, Mark Neeld and Hayden Skipworth.

“I’d like to congratulate Guy on his appointment, and thank the other applicants for their time and professionalism during the selections process.

“We believe Guy’s football and coaching philosophy aligns well with the demographic and needs of our playing list. We’ve said from the outset, as a Club we want to build towards a period of sustained success and Guy is going to play an important role in achieving that.”

The 46 year-old has previously held assistant coaching positions at West Coast and Collingwood, before moving to the Gold Coast as their inaugural Senior Coach.

McKenna said he was excited to be re-igniting his coaching career with Essendon.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Essendon as a Line Coach in 2016,” McKenna said.

“During the selection process, the Club outlined their vision to build a long-term period of success, and I’m extremely pleased they feel my experience and approach best aligns with their objectives.

“When you look at the Club’s coaching group, there’s no shortage of experience. To work alongside John is exciting, we achieved success as players, and hopefully we can achieve success as a coaching team.

“When you combine the exciting and talented playing list, with the framework, resources and culture, I’m really excited about what Essendon can achieve in the coming seasons.”

Guy will officially commence his role with the Club on November 16.

Chutzpah.

Drugs? DANK? Robinson? Sure, come on in.

It’s about time we appointed a failed senior coach to our coaching department.

By alcohol abuse are you referring to the bloke who had a wine with dinner?
Was that a son of God last meal type gag

Reckon he will be a decent assistant.

Excellent news. He was very unfairly treated at gold coast and comments that he never did anything with GC are silly. They were never going to play finals 3-4 years in and they have gone backwards under eade.

Sone guys arnt cut out to be senior coaches too. Neeld for example. But we’ll never know with bluey but he’s a very intelligent man. Stoked with his appointment

Obviously Worsfold’s call, but I’m pretty sure McKenna and Neeld were both assistants at Collingwood when they won a flag. That previous working relationship might’ve been an influence too.

I’m happy about this, Everyone I know in the industry reckons he is a really great football brain