Welcome to Essendon- Bluey McKenna

By alcohol abuse are you referring to the bloke who had a wine with dinner?
Was that a son of God last meal type gag
Good pick up.
By alcohol abuse are you referring to the bloke who had a wine with dinner?
Was that a son of God last meal type gag
Good pick up.

I have no life

Yet another old coach with old ideas.

Will it take another five years to show that we need fresh coaches with fresh faces and fresh ideas? The EFC grey army in full effect.

How many more jobs for mates woosha?

Will it take another five years to show that we need fresh coaches with fresh faces and fresh ideas? The EFC grey army in full effect.

What other mates has he employed?

Sooo what line? Forward line? I can’t figure out who’s doing what.

From his GC experience, I think it might be just “Line” coach … so our other boys don’t fall victim to Jake style stupidity.

Lesson One: Turn your phone off before you do a line!

(Too soon?)

This is great news!

woosha and skipworth quickest best mates ever.

woosha and skipworth quickest best mates ever.

Once you’ve tried Skippy’s Bombe Alaska you’re friends for life.

It's about time we appointed a failed senior coach to our coaching department.

senior coach who at some point in their career has been sacked failed coach.

Great resume’ (apart from those Gold Coast losses):

Guy McKenna

Full name Guy Lindsay McKenna
Nickname(s) Bluey
Date of birth 11 May 1969 (age 46)
Place of birth Perth, Western Australia

Original team(s) Carine JFC
Height/Weight 184 cm / 88 kg
Position(s) Half-back flanker

Years Club Games (Goals)
1985–87; 1992 Claremont 49 (5)
1988–2000 West Coast 267 (28)

Coaching career3
Years Club Games (W–L–D)
2003 Claremont 21 (12–9–0)
2011–2014 Gold Coast 88 (24–64–0)

Career highlights
Claremont premiership side 1987
West Coast Eagles Rookie of the Year 1988
VFL Team of the Year 1989
West Coast best and fairest 1989, 1999
All-Australian team 1991, 1993, 1994
West Coast premiership side 1992, 1994
West Coast Best Clubman Award 1994
Western Australia State of Origin captain 1996, 1997
West Coast captain 1999–2000
Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee 2009

So we've gone from the royal box to the sacked coaches pension club. Mick Malthouse isnt doing anything can we give him a call too. He was the standout applicant from the thorough application process - how many more times does the club have to come out with the same crappy lie.

The royal box consisted of
a now sacked afl coach (maccartney)
a burnt out afl coach in Thompson
an untried and unskilled coach in Hird

and look what they gave us over the 5 years. and you want to hold them up as some sort of high standard to never be able to live up to ?

I mean FFS they got the club and list of players pretty much to the same spot Matty knights did, and 99% of essendon people think he was an absolute ■■■■ coach.

The royal box was one of the biggest disasters to happen to the EFC, so using them for a benchmark other than what we don’t want, is silly.

Didn't Ablett come out and say that either Bluey goes or he goes? I think there may have been some friction over Gary's refusal to follow certain guidelines.
Wasn't Gary the leader of the god botherer faction, and he objected to the party faction? I think he wanted a Buckley response of cleaning out the party faction, but didn't get it. And McKenna couldn't do a Malthouse and somehow get the two groups to co-exist.

P.S. I may be talking ignorant ■■■■ here.

Definitely think he is there to ‘help’ Woosha in navigating around the club. It’s hard to go into a new club on your own, now he brings a mate with him to help transform everybody.

He seriously went up there expecting a clear out of the party faction was on the cards?
Son of God still fancies himself in the miracles department then.

Coaching box lacks HARDINGHAM!

It's about time we appointed a failed senior coach to our coaching department.

You mean like Ratten over at Hawthorn. Yeah terrible idea, never works.

Didn't Ablett come out and say that either Bluey goes or he goes? I think there may have been some friction over Gary's refusal to follow certain guidelines.
Wasn't Gary the leader of the god botherer faction, and he objected to the party faction? I think he wanted a Buckley response of cleaning out the party faction, but didn't get it. And McKenna couldn't do a Malthouse and somehow get the two groups to co-exist.

P.S. I may be talking ignorant ■■■■ here.

No you are right. However is that a bad thing on Ablett’s behalf? He wanted a team that worked hard off the field and stayed off the boozing and drugs, half the team agreed (they are not all Christian and don’t all join in the prayer meetings and he wasn’t against people having a drink) while the other bunch wanted to be allowed to do whatever and whenever with no consequences. Bennell is an example of where a few of them were actually headed. he got done first and the others are starting to pull their heads in.

So we've gone from the royal box to the sacked coaches pension club. Mick Malthouse isnt doing anything can we give him a call too. He was the standout applicant from the thorough application process - how many more times does the club have to come out with the same crappy lie.

The royal box consisted of
a now sacked afl coach (maccartney)
a burnt out afl coach in Thompson
an untried and unskilled coach in Hird

and look what they gave us over the 5 years. and you want to hold them up as some sort of high standard to never be able to live up to ?

I mean FFS they got the club and list of players pretty much to the same spot Matty knights did, and 99% of essendon people think he was an absolute ■■■■ coach.

The royal box was one of the biggest disasters to happen to the EFC, so using them for a benchmark other than what we don’t want, is silly.

You are a unit

You already know what ideas he has in his new role?