Welcome to Essendon- Bluey McKenna

Yet another old coach with old ideas.

Will it take another five years to show that we need fresh coaches with fresh faces and fresh ideas? The EFC grey army in full effect.

How many more jobs for mates woosha?

You already know what ideas he has in his new role?

For people like JD, they start off as negative to everything the club does and then work their way down from there.

So we've gone from the royal box to the sacked coaches pension club. Mick Malthouse isnt doing anything can we give him a call too. He was the standout applicant from the thorough application process - how many more times does the club have to come out with the same crappy lie.

What lie would that be?
According to you coaches can only learn from success, ergo there are 17 coaching failures a year. Should clubs get rid of all of them, or is it possible to learn from having a lack of success?

An old NFL coach named Bum Phillips used to say there were two kinds of coaches - ones that have been fired, and ones that will be fired.

Apparently they are going to appoint another development coach. I think they should ditch that idea and instead appoint a personal chef for Marty Gleeson.

Blitz: I won’t say “don’t go changin’”, coz I know you won’t.

Apparently they are going to appoint another development coach. I think they should ditch that idea and instead appoint a personal chef for Marty Gleeson.
Could Gleeson share with Long and Hams or do they need one each?
Sooo what line? Forward line? I can't figure out who's doing what.

No, Who’s on first !!

An old NFL coach named Bum Phillips used to say there were two kinds of coaches - ones that have been fired, and ones that will be fired.
There's actually someone called bum phillips

Well this appointment came out of the blue.

Can’t say I’m a fan but if Woosha can use Guy as a comrade to inspire his vision for success then Welcome to Essendon.

The Royal Box - Mark II.

OH no you didn’t

So we've gone from the royal box to the sacked coaches pension club. Mick Malthouse isnt doing anything can we give him a call too. He was the standout applicant from the thorough application process - how many more times does the club have to come out with the same crappy lie.

The royal box consisted of
a now sacked afl coach (maccartney)
a burnt out afl coach in Thompson
an untried and unskilled coach in Hird

and look what they gave us over the 5 years. and you want to hold them up as some sort of high standard to never be able to live up to ?

I mean FFS they got the club and list of players pretty much to the same spot Matty knights did, and 99% of essendon people think he was an absolute ■■■■ coach.

The royal box was one of the biggest disasters to happen to the EFC, so using them for a benchmark other than what we don’t want, is silly.

You are a unit

Thought you called him something entirely different for a second.
(Don’t have my glasses on and the setting sun is glaring off my phone.)

why bother, just send a few more dollars to mrs laverde and get her to feed the younguns.

Our list is ok,maybe pretty good but until it’s great I won’t get excited.senior coaches are a little overrated,assistants are extremely overrated.weve had some super qualified assistants recently but where has that got us.i wish bluey good luck but luck will play no part,continue to build a strong youthal group disco,you nailed last year do it again and once our list is great no one will care who the assistants are because it will be irrelevant.

why bother, just send a few more dollars to mrs laverde and get her to feed the younguns.

Nah a personal sponsorship from Olympic Doughnuts at Footscray Railway Station :wink:

Terms such “running the lines” and “line coaches” can FOAD.

Something strangely reassuring about a Leader named Bluey.

Our list is ok,maybe pretty good but until it's great I won't get excited.senior coaches are a little overrated,assistants are extremely overrated.weve had some super qualified assistants recently but where has that got us.i wish bluey good luck but luck will play no part,continue to build a strong youthal group disco,you nailed last year do it again and once our list is great no one will care who the assistants are because it will be irrelevant. You make it sounds pretty hopeless. For the first time in about 4 years I see no hope in top 6. We may scrape into finals but probably will finish 10th-12th. I can't believe I'm saying this :(

At least the quick fix attitude is gone, but my son is now nearly 13 and I’m ■■■■■■ that his entire childhood looks to be without enjoying any success. Not 1 single solitary finals win. This is not the Essendon way.

Short term pain for long term gain? Sign me up. But this club needs to get itself together yesterday.

It’s hard to be optimistic anymore. We’re so far back in the pack we’ve forgotten what being a true winner is. We are no better than Richmond or Carlton. There I said it.

The only saving grace is we’ve hit rock bottom which sometimes forces big change (here’s my optimistic side coming back). A turning point. A line in the sand to make change happen.

I’m sorry Jobe that this club wasn’t able to get its sh*t together through your entire career to date, and now looks to be starting a refresh (which it needs). You are a legend and I hope there is in fact a premiership for you in the twilight of your career - should this be the turning point. It must be hard knowing your aspirations of the ultimate success now change to helping the future achieve theirs.

Ramble over. Go Bombers.

The royal box consisted of
a now sacked afl coach (maccartney)
a burnt out afl coach in Thompson
an untried and unskilled coach in Hird

and look what they gave us over the 5 years. and you want to hold them up as some sort of high standard to never be able to live up to ?

I mean FFS they got the club and list of players pretty much to the same spot Matty knights did, and 99% of essendon people think he was an absolute ■■■■ coach.

The royal box was one of the biggest disasters to happen to the EFC, so using them for a benchmark other than what we don’t want, is silly.

You are a unit

Thought you called him something entirely different for a second.
(Don’t have my glasses on and the setting sun is glaring off my phone.)

Was going to say weapon but it’s been taken

http://aflfeeds.com/article/bluey-joins-woosha-at-bombers?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Former West Coast premiership teammates John Worsfold and Guy McKenna will join forces again at Essendon with the Bombers set to announce McKenna’s appointment as a line coach.

McKenna’s appointment will follow Worsfold’s appointment in October as senior coach and the man with the responsibility of rebuilding Essendon from the ashes of the club’s disastrous supplements scandal.

The pair played together in West Coast’s flag successes in 1992 and 1994 and McKenna succeeded Worsfold as captain after the dual premiership skipper’s retirement at the end of 1998.

McKenna was Gold Coast’s inaugural senior coach but was sacked at the end of 2014. McKenna also worked with rodeo-accountant Dean “The Weapon” Robinson and sports scientist litigation lover, Stephen Dank at the AFL’s very own Gold Coast Suns. He has managed to swiftly dodge a Hird style witch hunt thus far, his arrival at Essington is likely to change this fact. Worsfold coached West Coast to the 2006 premiership.

fixed

FFS!
Do we really need to turn every farking thread into SAGA / Hird stuff?
There’s enough threads on those ■■■■■■ topics…
settle.