Welcome to Essendon - Caz & Cuz

To play devils advocate, The whole thing may have been presented as a fait accompli to much of the board. “Hird is resigning, do we accept it”? Rather than “should we sack him?”

To play devils advocate, The whole thing may have been presented as a fait accompli to much of the board. "Hird is resigning, do we accept it"? Rather than "should we sack him?"

After the shenanigans of the past couple of years, especially around last year’s Crichton, any board member who accepted the word of Little etc that Hird had ‘decided’ to resign without actually verifying it independently, is an idiot.

To play devils advocate, The whole thing may have been presented as a fait accompli to much of the board. "Hird is resigning, do we accept it"? Rather than "should we sack him?"

Really, really, really doubt it

The fact that even Hird posed the question tells me, sadly, he knew the answer to the question on getting clear air was “yes”.

Consciously or sub-consciously, he was simply looking for affirmation of what he had come to realise was true.

Only people with the highest sense of integrity honestly question themselves the way Hird has done.

For me, he goes out on a high note. A man who fought the good fought as much as he could. Always will be a legend.

Berating the Board for facilitating Hird’s exit as a result of Hird posing the question about his tenure, to me, is therefore simply wrong.

With the way the team has played over the past few weeks I think Hird realised he had hit the point of diminishing returns as a coach and couldn’t get the best out of the players - where it counts, on the field - anymore.

If either of you (ie Catherine or Paul) want independent advice on how your legal obligations under the Corporations Act and at common law apply to the disclosure of confidential board proceedings and decisions - I’m happy to oblige on a gratis basis.

Those suggesting Gauci would be smoking cigars tonight are just plain wrong. He’s a keen Bomber and would’ve done what was right by the club. I think his comments re Hird were a tad misrepresented at the elections but the other two ran a better campaign and got enough people to believe them. FWIW I didn’t vote for any of those three, I didn’t see them delivering what they were promising. Having said all that, it’s two votes that wouldn’t have made a difference in any case but the “unanimous” claim by Little would have those that voted for the social media duo feeling a little let down, perhaps even duped.

Those suggesting Gauci would be smoking cigars tonight are just plain wrong. He's a keen Bomber and would've done what was right by the club. I think his comments re Hird were a tad misrepresented at the elections but the other two ran a better campaign and got enough people to believe them. FWIW I didn't vote for any of those three, I didn't see them delivering what they were promising. Having said all that, it's two votes that wouldn't have made a difference in any case but the "unanimous" claim by Little would have those that voted for the social media duo feeling a little let down, perhaps even duped.

Fair enough.

I wouldn’t rule out those guys getting their votes not heard was by design so they are out after the next AGM

The club will be lucky to get 30000 members next season at this rate. Little can make up the financial difference.

they can fark off with Evans

BIG RON

Ron COOOCHI

its utterly unbelieveable the club calls for a review then just acts like this. process clearly means nothing, the promise of accountability and transparency is total bullshit.

You two can hand in your resignations now.

You got voted in too keep Hird and you simply failed.

Resign ASAP.

Being a social media expert and communicating via said medium might be a start.

IF that is the case, I look forward to hearing them come out & say so.

Otherwise they can ■■■■ right off.

Would it be better if they supported him and were railroaded into sacking him?

IF that is the case, I look forward to hearing them come out & say so.

Otherwise they can ■■■■ right off.

So you’ve had 6 days now to come back here and provide the people that voted you in some form of explanation/information.

Disgraceful, guys. Extremely disappointed. Not that you’ll end up reading this anyway.

venal turds

So you've had 6 days now to come back here and provide the people that voted you in some form of explanation/information.

Disgraceful, guys. Extremely disappointed. Not that you’ll end up reading this anyway.

OK . . . . . clearly there are too many folk who have little if no understanding of the requirements of being on a board. If you are dopey enough to truly think that elected board members (no matter who they are) are about to spill their guts on a website a la Blitz you’re deluded.
The board has had no end of trouble over past years with leaks & comments. And now a couple of them stick to the program and we want to hang them. How many remember the “Fat Ray” period where there were more leaks than the Titanic.
FFS get a grip on reality.
Newsflash . . . . Board held paper, Bambi signed off (with great dignity I might add).