Welcome to Essendon - Caz & Cuz

Robbo's a massive tool.
More an entertainer much like the Cookie Monster.
Personally I don't put this on Katie or Paul at all. Many more complex issues surrounding this and for those who have seen the three year history you can clearly see Little and Hird have gone back and forth in support of each other. Relationship has often been good but also extremely strained as well. Little is the Chairman and a huge influence. You also have to have an understanding of an organisation seeing the players in such a dark place their welfare had to be on the coaches and management thoughts for 2016 and moving forward. It's horrifically unfair the constant media our players and coach especially receives and the fact is it sadly does have a deep affect. Have no doubt Hird spoke to Xavier instead of Little initially as they are much closer and talk often. You also have very close friends of James speaking to him like Corcoran etc. and I have no doubt they are discussing James life and where he is at in life and family. It's a mixture of many items coming together that I believe lead to this moment. This is my personal view. Guys like Simon Madded agreed with this and he knows well what happened & Hirds story and the unfairness of it. Simon's integrity is second to none and should be noted in his approval of these actions. It is what it is...incredibly sad and unjust but I think even Hird understands it even though he would like to have continued ...he is a very good businessman and I have no doubt understands branding and your main employees being players given some space from the intensity. An EGM won't fix anything and with Little resigning in next 3-4 months I think that's all we need personally as far as change. We start again as a club in 2016 and just being a regular footy club

You do have credibility but you also said before the event that Hird was safe.

I do not think for one moment that this Board decision was anything about James Hird or his family’s well-being. If that was the case then they would have stepped up and supported him from the media bashing that has been a disgrace for three years. We all accept the Dank program was wrong, but it was the Club program, not any individual and I am yet to believe that Board have really accepted the total responsibility for all the Saga. Evans walked away and left it to others and all Little has done is negotiate a stalemate. His standard practice in all his industrial relations, keep the dispute going until the other side weakens; well he got Hird in the end.

Personally I don't put this on Katie or Paul at all. Many more complex issues surrounding this and for those who have seen the three year history you can clearly see Little and Hird have gone back and forth in support of each other. Relationship has often been good but also extremely strained as well. Little is the Chairman and a huge influence. You also have to have an understanding of an organisation seeing the players in such a dark place their welfare had to be on the coaches and management thoughts for 2016 and moving forward. It's horrifically unfair the constant media our players and coach especially receives and the fact is it sadly does have a deep affect. Have no doubt Hird spoke to Xavier instead of Little initially as they are much closer and talk often. You also have very close friends of James speaking to him like Corcoran etc. and I have no doubt they are discussing James life and where he is at in life and family. It's a mixture of many items coming together that I believe lead to this moment. This is my personal view. Guys like Simon Madded agreed with this and he knows well what happened & Hirds story and the unfairness of it. Simon's integrity is second to none and should be noted in his approval of these actions. It is what it is...incredibly sad and unjust but I think even Hird understands it even though he would like to have continued ...he is a very good businessman and I have no doubt understands branding and your main employees being players given some space from the intensity. An EGM won't fix anything and with Little resigning in next 3-4 months I think that's all we need personally as far as change. We start again as a club in 2016 and just being a regular footy club

We heard that at the end of 2013 when we accepted the deal from the AFL.

1. Little should have gone instead of Hird
  2. Hird had a contract
  3. Don’t promise things you can’t/won’t deliver to get elected
  4. None of this was about the players
  5. EFC need to start thinking about what it stands for. No good talking about fabric, then ripping said fabric up.

I don’t think anyone is putting it all on those two. I just feel aggrieved that they have offered no insight and been totally absent after becoming board members thanks to us,

I do not think for one moment that this Board decision was anything about James Hird or his family’s well-being. If that was the case then they would have stepped up and supported him from the media bashing that has been a disgrace for three years. We all accept the Dank program was wrong, but it was the Club program, not any individual and I am yet to believe that Board have really accepted the total responsibility for all the Saga. Evans walked away and left it to others and all Little has done is negotiate a stalemate. His standard practice in all his industrial relations, keep the dispute going until the other side weakens; well he got Hird in the end.

Well said. What really ■■■■■■ me off is that if we were going to lose one of Hird or little, we got rid of the wrong one.

I'm sorry to those I misled and encouraged to vote for Cousins and Lio. Clearly got it wrong. I got sucked in so I apologise to those I convinced when I should have had better judgement.

Nonsense. You presented the people with an option they clearly wanted.

Nobody saw the WADA appeal and our on field capitulation coming.

I'm sorry to those I misled and encouraged to vote for Cousins and Lio. Clearly got it wrong. I got sucked in so I apologise to those I convinced when I should have had better judgement.

No need to apologise, many of us got sucked in. I convinced over a dozen family members to vote them in much to my chagrin now.

I understand that this issue was extremely complex, and I’m sure many Board members would have felt very uncomfortable with the situation and the decision. I guess the Board’s job is to rise above the emotion of being a fan, and to make decisions that they ultimately believe are in the best interests of the Club. Whether those decisions are right or not remains to be seen, but I hope that at some point the Club can move forward. Until the CAS decision is handed down, nothing will change.

Many members, including myself, are angry, disappointed and upset by the announcement last Tuesday. I still believe that James was the best person to take the Club forward, and that once the CAS decision was handed down, the Club would get the clear air it is after regardless.

While I get those defending the Board’s position, as most of us have no idea what really occurred, members will draw their conclusions based on their views.

I agree that over-throwing the Board isn’t the answer. There are some quality new people on the Board since 2013 - we are lucky to have Madden and Tanner on the Board, and I fully support the notion of Tanner becoming the next Chairman. However, in my view, anyone who was on the Board prior to 2013 should not be there.

The problem for Katie and Paul going forward is that people rightly or wrongly associate their election as being on a pro-Hird platform. Yes, they also pitched on engagement with regular fans etc, but the crux of why they were elected was largely to do with “Standing by Hird”. So, practically, without understanding the context of what actually happened at the Board level on this issue, I think both Katie and Paul will have issues when they are due for re-election. It is like a politician going against a core election promise. There may have been good reasons for doing so, but you are judged based on what your mandate was. And if you have been perceived to have made a decision which flies in the face of your mandate, good luck being re-elected.

You got it wrong? So it’s a definite that these people voted unanimously with the rest of the board to get rid of Hird?

Not your fault. We are all grown up,and have free will.

Just my thoughts and yes the Hird announcement came as a big shock and had no warning. Had hundreds of debates since Tuesday on this and we are talking about my all time hero here if anyone knows me. I am gutted Hird is gone…completely gutted. I still however can talk to those I know who are close to Hird or board members, CEO and form an opinion. I also know the motive of the guy who came third in board election voting so would I have voted differently in hindsight …not so sure

Likewise mate - he is a hero to most Essendon supporters, which is why so many people are hurting, and are angry. I agree that the third bloke isn’t what we want either, and I’m hearing that he is snooping around again, opportunistically looking to take advantage of the division amongst members. Hopefully we get some quality people to put their hand up to help steer the Club back to its rightful place, as a powerhouse of the competition. And hopefully we as supporters can unite at some point. But understand that it will take some time for people to get over this, and some may never get over it.

Last time I checked the board was made up of 9 directors. Katie and Paul are not solely responsible for James’ departure. All nine were ‘unanimous’ with their decision.

Last time I checked the board was made up of 9 directors. Katie and Paul are not solely responsible for James' departure. All nine were 'unanimous' with their decision.

I don’t think anyone has suggested they were solely responsible. The general feeling is that parts of the board were already gunning to get rid of Hird which is why there was such enthusiasm to elect board members who claimed to support him. The idea & wishes of the actual members who voted was to protect Hirds’ position & oust those who were undermining him. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that there were more members who voted this election than any previous so that shows you that members were passionate enough to vote to save Hird. It doesn’t matter if they liked it or not, that’s what these board members were elected to do & thats what they failed at.

No he didn’t, he was just quoting what Campbell said on radio.

2. Hird had a contract
5. EFC need to start thinking about what it stands for. No good talking about fabric, then ripping said fabric up.

Why?

2. Hird had a contract

Why?

He is going anyway.
He wanted Hird gone.

I cant stand it when people in business make decisions for the long term when they know they are only staying for the very short term.

Once he knows he is going he shouldn’t be pressuring people (if he was) to make controversial decisions that he is not going to have to live with.

I have been through far too many of those, and the people left behind have to clean up the fall out, and try and unpick the mess.

2. Hird had a contract

Why?

He is going anyway.
He wanted Hird gone.

I cant stand it when people in business make decisions for the long term when they know they are only staying for the very short term.

Once he knows he is going he shouldn’t be pressuring people (if he was) to make controversial decisions that he is not going to have to live with.

I have been through far too many of those, and the people left behind have to clean up the fall out, and try and unpick the mess.

I think you are applying “wanted” in the wrong context here. You could try " The Board made a considered decision".

Dear Paul and Katie.
You seem like half decent people to me. My support of you is based on what I judged of you as people and the passion you showed to us. I have put my faith in you to do the best thing for the club. I want you to do that based on the people you are not because of one particular view we might share.

I appreciate that you held a view about Hird at one point in time. I also appreciate that circumstances can change and that your position can change because of those circumstances. I accept you each are one voice of many and have many things to take into account in your decision making.
I also accept that you are in a position to know things that I may not know or ever know. I expect you to use that information wisely and with care and respect.

If you guys in good conscience feel that you have acted in that way and can continue to do so, you have my ongoing support.
Thanks.