Welcome to Essendon Dylan Shiel (almost certainly!)

His decision making is clearly top notch

6 Likes

He picked Essendon, so very top notch. The toppest of all notchestness.

5 Likes

I hope you are right, but I can see the AFL sticking it to us if they get the chance.

I don’t think using first round picks are a massive issue when you consider how much growth is still to come in our under 23 brigade.

All of Langford, McGrath, Parish, Begley, Ridley, Redman, Francis and others are still very young and only beginning to scratch the surface of what they can achieve with more hard work.

Our list is very well placed for next year and the following five years.

4 Likes

Also there is a precedent with Geelong so it’s all good!

Listening to connors speak i dont think Dylan will be our only acquisition this trade period.

I agree from a list management perspective that the age demographics ok. The bigger issue is having a first round pick in the next couple of years to comply with rules and maintain flexibility. …

1 Like

Also there is a precedent with Geelong so it’s all good! The first round pick is in place so you don’t sell for farm for short term success. We clearly are building for the future so there should be nothing to worry about.

Isn’t it super and aren’t we b1ches? And; one more thing fark you Carlton, horforn and St. Kilda.
How sweet it is.

1 Like

That highlight vid SCarey posted, was pure bliss.

1 Like

Did Blitz crash this arvo I couldn’t get on.

The BBlitz servers won’t cope. Except a continual series of…

1 Like

I’m pleased we’ve finally got ourselves a mid, who doesn’t need to be converted into one.

3 Likes

If he doesn’t mention the spongy floors in his first interview…

2 Likes

Only TBC, Hurley and Hooker at risk for 5 years time

1 Like

We’re going to lose some of our numbers. Aren’t we?
We are aren’t we? Please tell me it ain’t so.

Baguley, Dea, Hartley, Gleeson, Stewart, Brown all looking over their shoulder!

Would give first pick this year and next but hate to lose anyone.

He’ll be asked about Fark Carlton’s private plane ride and he’ll say “yeah, but Essendon have got a whole airport next door.”

4 Likes

“Noosa was nice but I came for the annual Bomberblitz BBQ.”

12 Likes

Bravo :clap::clap::clap: Bravo

Dea for ‘Departed’ …for the Gold Coast

Hart to depart… for the GC

Bags, as in 'Pack ‘em’… probably not for the GC but for retirement. Others are required, you’d think