Welcome to Essendon - John Worsfold

Who gives a Fark about coaching accreditation ? Clarke is a megalomaniac who wants to control who what and how ? It will eventually fall on its ■■■ !

I’ll no doubt warm to it if we do take the Worsfold path, but my considered position is that I would prefer as we usher in a new era and embark on a PROPER list rebuild (not this bs tinkering to peak at about 7th/8th on the ladder) that we appointed a coach who has worked in good systems and is ready to blossom if given their opportunity. Perhaps like a Stewart Dew. I understand it’s no guarantee. Nothing is. But just feels right with where we are at.

It’s a bit of an aside but I like the approach St Kilda have taken. They have a hungry and (seemingly) ready coach who was given the clubs blessing to start from the ground up. As he instills his game plan within the core group there was no unnecessary pressure placed on him in years 1 and 2 and this was backed up by a clearly articulated method of investing in the early portion of the draft wherever possible.
With the bollocks we have endured and the resultant standing the clubs name currently has among existing players we cannot build around luring big fishes for a while yet. Build around the young talent we already have by going to the draft for the next 2-3 years and assemble a nucleus of a premiership team THEN look to attract players via free agency and trade as the cherries on top who will give us a chance at the ultimate prize.

Does he have his level 1 coaching accreditation?

I was going to ask the same thing… although isn’t it level 4?

Does he have his level 1 coaching accreditation?

I was going to ask the same thing… although isn’t it level 4?

■■■■ knows.

Someone ask clarkson whether Woosha is allowed to coach…

I mean given the fact he did 4/5ths of ■■■■ ALL to reign in cousins and the rest of his good time pals how does he possibly meet the ‘duty of care’ test.

Or is it just the ‘anyone but James Hird’ test in reality.

■■■■ everything.

Pretty much confirms he all but has the job.

Wouldn’t be surprised if no one else ends up putting up for it after confirming what everyone has suspected all along.

I’m content with him being coach, I just want us to go all in on Bennell, Hall, Pick 5, O’Meara (next season) over the trade period.

Dodoro and Keane really need to pull off some good trades and actually get players who are going to improve us and take us forward and not tread water (ie Clarke, Zac Smith, Shoenmakers etc).

I have a bad feeling about the trade period already as I don’t think we have the balls to actually grab someone like Bennell and do whatever it takes to get as much high end talent as possible into the club. I just feel it’ll be a repeat of last year where we sit on our hands and do as we are told rather than be aggressive.

Hopefully Worsfold will come in and demand the best and turn it around. I’m sure he’ll let his feelings be known and be ruthless in his approach for success. He has some great traits as a coach.

There was an article today that suggested Dodoro might not be there

I hope we get Worsfold. I think the alleged extra marital stuff is behind him and should not be an issue. That might have been the only negative if it happened that he was some kind of recalcitrant gigolo.

Yeah, I saw that.

Surely that would mean that he might not be there next trade / draft period rather than this one though, you wouldn’t part ways at this late stage. I wouldn’t think anyway.

Yeah, I saw that.

Surely that would mean that he might not be there next trade / draft period rather than this one though, you wouldn’t part ways at this late stage. I wouldn’t think anyway.

I don’t think so, people can think what they like about his practices but one thing is for sure, he is a quality and loyal Essendon person who would want to see the job through and would never compromise the club in anyway.

Yeah, I saw that.

I don’t think so, people can think what they like about his practices but one thing is for sure, he is a quality and loyal Essendon person who would want to see the job through and would never compromise the club in anyway.

He is also a survivor, wouldn’t be surprised if a quick coversation with woosha has him staying.

I thought we were getting Neil Craig? At least that is what John Carpenter kept assuring me was happening.

I thought we were getting Neil Craig? At least that is what John Carpenter kept assuring me was happening.

No need for carps, as it is written in the media, so it shall be at essendon now

I just wanna know if "the process" is still a thing, or if it's a farce like last time.

ps: I love youse all.

Oh it’s definitely a thing.
The committee will pick the coach.
Not the media.
Or this place.

Maybe the new Board members will give the new coach their unqualified support…

Of course we have a process, it just isn't interesting enough for the details to be reported correctly in the news.
yeah, you're probably right. I'm just a little cynical right about about now.
I just wanna know if "the process" is still a thing, or if it's a farce like last time.

ps: I love youse all.

Oh it’s definitely a thing.
The committee will pick the coach.
Not the media.
Or this place.

good to hear.

I guess it’s easy for reporters to cherry pick facts and distort our (the publics) view of things.

for all we know, the club could’ve said something along the lines of “the successful coach would more than likely be given a 5 year deal” which is now being reported as worsfold offered a definite 5 year deal.

Wow, Worsfold said he didn’t want to coach, and then changed his mind. You can’t do that remember, no on certain media type’s watch. Oh wait, he’s not Hird. Carry on.

I cannot see how you could get rid of your list manager this close to the free agency/trade/draft period?

Elite level trolling by EFC if we get McKenna along with Worsfold.
Can we sound out Lance Armstrong as well?

Next one bro

I cannot see how you could get rid of your list manager this close to the free agency/trade/draft period?