Welcome to Essendon - John Worsfold

cmon, wasn’t it just a throw away line at the end of an article, hardly any substance to it I thought.

cmon, wasn't it just a throw away line at the end of an article, hardly any substance to it I thought.
Apart from anything else she had assigned Rob Kerr to Disco's job (list manager) and Disco to M Keane's job (recruiter). Not sure why anyone would take a conclusion out of it.

The thought of us having to beg someone to apply to coach our club has agitated me from the get go. Worsfold has finally come out and said what I wanted to here and I am quickly changing my thoughts on him and am getting a tad excited. I have been struggling to seperate him from the hatred i feel for WCE as Im in WA and hate every thing about them. Hopefully if he does win the job and we play the eagles and win a Subi he comes out of the box pumped up and flipping the entire crowed the double bird leading in to a Sheedy jacket wave. I will be sold then and may give him some respect, may even buy a Worsfold badge.

Not sure if he’s up for the job. Does he have any experience coaching a side that isn’t umpire assisted every week?

cmon, wasn't it just a throw away line at the end of an article, hardly any substance to it I thought.
Apart from anything else she had assigned Rob Kerr to Disco's job (list manager) and Disco to M Keane's job (recruiter). Not sure why anyone would take a conclusion out of it.
a new SEA level is rising

(Severe Essendon Anxiety)

Interesting listening to Denham talk about Worsfold this morning saying, at first, he didn’t rate him as a coach but then change his position when talking about his early years where he turned around an ordinary club (languishing around the bottom half of the ladder) and turned them into a powerhouse.

That’s the Worsfold I’m anticipating coming to the club … driven to make the club successful again.

Sorry about that. Didn’t seem to post. Realised I needed to refresh the page

That is the most stupid, baseless post I’ve seen on this site.

Sorry. The post didn’t seem to work so I tried again. And the quote didn’t work. I was referring to Peos’ post on the first page.

Ess is following the Process.

Step One: Ensure we get the best quality applicants to apply
Step two: Selection panel interview, and assess each candidate
Step Three: Selection panel make recommendation
Step four: Make Appointment
Step Five: Welcome to Ess John Worsfold.

Partypole: The thought of us having to beg someone to apply to coach our club has agitated me from the get go. Worsfold has finally come out and said what I wanted to here and I am quickly changing my thoughts on him and am getting a tad excited. I have been struggling to seperate him from the hatred i feel for WCE as Im in WA and hate every thing about them. Hopefully if he does win the job and we play the eagles and win a Subi he comes out of the box pumped up and flipping the entire crowed the double bird leading in to a Sheedy jacket wave. I will be sold then and may give him some respect, may even buy a Worsfold badge.

My sentiments exactly!

Shelton, I think Peos was taking the ■■■■.

WWOoooSSSHHHHAAAAAaaaaa

Get around him.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CHGQ0OSDfII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha ha maybe. I cannot find the 'like' button to 'like' that post. Out of curiosity how do you pronounce your username benfti? Is it as simple as it looks?

The ‘e’ is silent. It’s pronounced bnfti

No I wasn’t taking the ■■■■ Ross, (except maybe about the Adelaide game bit)

I reckon this has been Worsfolds job all along. The only way it wouldn’t be, was if he didn’t want it.

I really don’t think he is the right choice for us, yes he is a premiership coach but I feel the game is a younger persons game now. Look at Eade at the Suns and how that is playing along compared to the Dogs and Luke Beveridge.

In: Evans, Worsfold, McKenna, Goodwin, Bennell, O’Keeffe, Thomas, Crowley
Out: Hird

Governance.

No I wasn't taking the ■■■■ Ross, (except maybe about the Adelaide game bit)

I reckon this has been Worsfolds job all along. The only way it wouldn’t be, was if he didn’t want it.

I am not sure they would’ve locked him in, per se, but it’s hard not to suspect something along these lines.

Not that I necessarily have anything against preferred candidates.
Just this one.

I’ll trust to the process, in which I seem to have more faith in than a lot of people here. You and I may have preferences, but most of it anecdotal, is based on what we know, heard or observed. It’s not nearly as rigorous as the process the club is conducting, and I trust the outcome of that will be more scientific than personal preference.

Personally I’d be delighted to see Worsfold at the club. I think he’s the sort of strong character we need. He has experience at the sort of renovation job we need, and he’ll set standards across the club as a whole. I think his perfect role might something like a director of coaching, roaming across the club as a whole, with someone like Dew as matchday coach. Whatever decision we make I’ll accept it, as long as we don’t get Knights.

There was an article today that suggested Dodoro might not be there
I wouldn't be upset about this. I think the list management has been pretty poor the last couple of seasons. The lack of talls, the lack of turn over, talking Winders, Howlett into staying, the recruitment of Cooney, Giles, and the (lack of) success at the trade table have been very poor. Not all of those may be his fault, but they do all fall squarely under the list manager's mandate.