Welcome to Essendon - John Worsfold

When it got to the player questions stage, why didn't any of the senior group ask questions instead of Xavier stepping in??

I’m sure there were two speeches - one for camera and one for players where they did interact and ask questions.

Just look at how Jobe was in some of the footage - the footy pieces - and Little wasn’t.

Two things he said made me tear up. Fast midfielders and small forwards who can kick 45 goals a season…I have been calling out for this as long as I can remember.

ok i have to ask why is he called Woosha?

Hmmm. In a land where ‘Barry’ is ‘Bazza’, ‘Mark’ is ‘Mazza’, ‘Ray’ would be ‘Razza’, ‘Cathy’ would be ‘Cazzaa’…you really need to ask??

Except for Bazza I haven’t heard any of those names before ever.

Shut up, Dazza. Just go with it.

Hmmm. In a land where ‘Barry’ is ‘Bazza’, ‘Mark’ is ‘Mazza’, ‘Ray’ would be ‘Razza’, ‘Cathy’ would be ‘Cazzaa’…you really need to ask??

Except for Bazza I haven’t heard any of those names before ever.

I noticed there was a sliding doors moment in all of this.

Imagine had we been able to take Worsfold as an 18yo before the Eagles actually got started? He was training with us at the time.

I’m excited and stoked and can’t wait for the season to start.

I thought it was the sound he made when he just missed you

It’s a reference to his reputation for what would you say, hard body contact in his early days even before the Eagles when playing for South Freo. The sound of hitting hard, its was coined woosh!

When it got to the player questions stage, why didn’t any of the senior group ask questions instead of Xavier stepping in??

How things change, hearing Jobe speak about Woosh reminded me of how we thought he was a **** for claiming he didnt hear Jobe being booed two years ago

In his interview on BomberTV when they ask about if he was drawn in by the history and size of Essendon and he started saying "Not really" before deciding to do a bit of pandering. I love the idea of the coach not being impressed by history.

Similarly I liked his comment that the TVSC facilities were just “a good start” and that you actually need people pulling their weight, not just fancy gyms and sheds.

And a spongey floor…

saw this on big footy

Like.

My favourite bit is the original artist impression of the TVSC.

In his interview on BomberTV when they ask about if he was drawn in by the history and size of Essendon and he started saying "Not really" before deciding to do a bit of pandering. I love the idea of the coach not being impressed by history.

Similarly I liked his comment that the TVSC facilities were just “a good start” and that you actually need people pulling their weight, not just fancy gyms and sheds.

I’ve been here before.

Bad news guys - West Coast Eagles have pre-selected him, we won’t be able to get him through the draft. Reckon we might look at that Payze bloke, having a ripping season for West Torrens.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Whoosh, Johnny, Whoosh, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny!

All I remember is Woosha was unanimously agreed as a great nickname that we should use at every opportunity.

That doesn’t sound right.

Some pharmacist guy from the Eagles.

Do Not Want

Who's this John Worsfold chap of which you speak?

hes organising our supplements program