Welcome to Essendon - John Worsfold

Assistant coaches - talking to ■■■ coaches.

Why do we have ■■■ coaches???

Been a shite 3 years, hasn’t it ;)?

theres a glass blower down our way whose sign needs fixing.
i take relos past there sometimes.

Reminds me of a course I did where one guy's title was ■■■ Examiner.

Woosha on 5aa radio

How do rate list? - reasons why didn’t perform well known, list in reasonable shape, few changes for next year, in a position to add young talent plus existing talent so will perform better next year, but goal is build premiership team.

Seems pretty much spot on with list assessment. Didn’t use the word bullish… but finals would be expected.

Needed them when we started getting reamed, to coach us in how to take it without getting a permanent injury.

Reminds me of a course I did where one guy’s title was ■■■ Examiner.

Does 5aa get out yo on Soundcloud?

Would be very interested to hear him speak.

either that or audioboom, maybe someone at efc media will pop up an article soon, they’re usually pretty good.

I don’t know why, I can’t explain it , but he increasingly “feels” like Essendon to me. No logic, just gut feel, but I think it’s a really really good fit.

Does 5aa get out yo on Soundcloud?

Would be very interested to hear him speak.

Thanks for summarising FB!

Woosha on 5aa radio

What excited you? - opportunity to get back into coaching, fitted in with family, wanted a challenge, club has exciting future.

ASADA issues - eyes wide open, ASADA will be resolved at end of year. Will be able to put behind, will not be an issue next year.

How do rate list? - reasons why didn’t perform well known, list in reasonable shape, few changes for next year, in a position to add young talent plus existing talent so will perform better next year, but goal is build premiership team.

Carlisle pick five - cough up St Kilda. Saints haven’t offered anything in relation to them swapping pick 5 for 2 other picks.

Will use picks to draft kids.

Hooker to backline.

Dempsey - hopefully stay and play forward.

Ruck - Berger - still confident will get.

Stanton - want to keep. Confident.

BJ - going nowhere.

Jobe - rejuvenated - rested physically and mentally.

Sheeds gave Woosha a grilling on his want to coach Essendon.

Assistant coaches - talking to ■■■ coaches. Will sort out in next few weeks. McKenna - would love to be involved but Woosha will fill based on need.

Worsfold will be on 5aa radio very soon

You good mates with our media crew? Or just have a Google alert for Worsefold?

What's the worse that could happen if he did?

You good mates with our media crew? Or just have a Google alert for Worsefold?

sigh

In 2013 we had a very competitive team that qualified legitimately for finals In 2014 we had a very competitive team that qualified legitimately for finals In 2015 we had a competitive team in patches before becoming shambles on and off the field

I’m not sure why it needs to be a ‘go backwards to go forwards’ type scenario here. We are missing a forward structure, but the pieces were there in 2013 before we changed gameplan and style under Thompson. Our midfield has already been partially rejuvenated already with the inclusion of guys like Colyer, Laverde and Zerrett. We have one of the strongest defensive units in the game.

I think our major problem last year was the instability around the coaching, the players finally cracking up after the WADA appeal and the general sense of gloom that seemed to descend upon the club in a hurry.

I am expecting us to be highly competitive team this year and I see no reason why we should be able to replicate what Dogs did this season and move steadily back up the ladder. Anything less than finals is a failure when you have 11 guys that can be considered ‘elite’ in their positions. Guys like Hooker, Hurley, Heppell, Watson, Daniher, Zerrett, Goddard, Colyer, Hibberd, Stanton, Baguley. You would also expect further development from guys like Laverde, Langford, Gleeson and Fantasia. It would help to keep Myers and Hocking on the park too.

This past season was a flop that started at selection each and every week. The continual lack of ruck support, the injuries, the picking of Jake Melksham (but if that pumped his value to a 2nd rounder then maybe worth it) each week despite lack of form didn’t help either.

Worsforld needs to set the bar high and any player that doesn’t reach it… goes. No more time wasting, the saga is over (one way or another) and time for this club to get ruthless. Let’s hope he is the right man for the job.

Just quietly, I reckon he knows way more about what is needed than you.

Yeah… he probably has a much better idea how to cover up a team full of coke heads…

And you can be loud about it… I would farking hope the Senior Coach of my footy club has LOT more idea about what is needed than any of us… isn’t that the exact point of paying him huge $$??? Far out…

In 2013 we had a very competitive team that qualified legitimately for finals In 2014 we had a very competitive team that qualified legitimately for finals In 2015 we had a competitive team in patches before becoming shambles on and off the field

I’m not sure why it needs to be a ‘go backwards to go forwards’ type scenario here. We are missing a forward structure, but the pieces were there in 2013 before we changed gameplan and style under Thompson. Our midfield has already been partially rejuvenated already with the inclusion of guys like Colyer, Laverde and Zerrett. We have one of the strongest defensive units in the game.

I think our major problem last year was the instability around the coaching, the players finally cracking up after the WADA appeal and the general sense of gloom that seemed to descend upon the club in a hurry.

I am expecting us to be highly competitive team this year and I see no reason why we should be able to replicate what Dogs did this season and move steadily back up the ladder. Anything less than finals is a failure when you have 11 guys that can be considered ‘elite’ in their positions. Guys like Hooker, Hurley, Heppell, Watson, Daniher, Zerrett, Goddard, Colyer, Hibberd, Stanton, Baguley. You would also expect further development from guys like Laverde, Langford, Gleeson and Fantasia. It would help to keep Myers and Hocking on the park too.

This past season was a flop that started at selection each and every week. The continual lack of ruck support, the injuries, the picking of Jake Melksham (but if that pumped his value to a 2nd rounder then maybe worth it) each week despite lack of form didn’t help either.

Worsforld needs to set the bar high and any player that doesn’t reach it… goes. No more time wasting, the saga is over (one way or another) and time for this club to get ruthless. Let’s hope he is the right man for the job.

Doubtful, we are talking about JD06 here.

The saga is over?