Welcome To Essendon - Mathew Stokes

Mentioned the “AFL” more than “Essendon”

Spoke volumes to me personally.

He isn’t Essengton, I am outraged, the fabric is torn, it is the end of the club, won’t someone please think of the chiuldren, I am tearing up my membership, this is the last straw!

PS welcome to the Dons Stokes, really pleased to have you on board to help ouy younger brigade find their feet and learn from those who have been successful.

Sorry, I dont know much about Mathew Stokes, so I have an open mind.

The coaches need to find a way to meld top ups, draftees, elevated rookies and young Essendon players into a real “footy team”, because our playing group has been absolutely gutted. Its going to take some inspirational leadership from Worsfold and his coaching team to do this

As for the top up players, they will need to earn our respect on the field based on their commitment to our team. This will be a very interesting year.

Watching that video on the club site, he doesn't appear to be to overly 'stoked'.

I agree. Seems to love his mate Gill too which makes him a twat as far as I’m concerned. The clubs soul has gone having all these mercenaries running around in place of our champions… It doesn’t feel remotely Essendon anymore, everything is being run by the AFL and we are well and truly their bitche$.

You make it sound like we have choices, and lots of them. This isn't 2010. We have very limited options.

Enjoy the pay.

I guess we are getting closer to the bottom of the barrel. Sounded like he needed to be convinced to play, oh well, the price you pay I guess.

Enjoy the pay.

Already spent it.

would of taken Coghlan before this guy any day of the week…wasted pick.

would of taken Coghlan before this guy any day of the week.....wasted pick.

You do understand that they are very different types of players?
And that we were not looking for a Coghlan type when we chose Stokes?

*I too wanted Coghlan.
But not for any role we would want Stokes for.
They are in no way interchangeable.

a

would of taken Coghlan before this guy any day of the week…wasted pick.

*I too wanted Coghlan.

And what role is that exactly ?

The article on AFL website , may be the way he feels and to give him credit he is honest, but it shows the ability to say all the wrong things when starting at a new club. Perhaps he needs to look back at the way Chappy handled himself when he came to Essendon.

I have no doubt Chappie always saw himself as a Geelong player, but he was a professional player and behaved really well while at Essendon and tried his utmost to play for his team-mates. I saw him fully spent and doubled over after giving it everything to help us win a game. Respect.

I would expect players to be fully professional and try to make positive comments or not comment at all. The members are no lesser his paymaster than the share of TV revenues that the AFL grants to clubs to run their teams.

Not a good start.

a

*I too wanted Coghlan.

Well let’s start with the fact one is a bullocking inside mid and the other one isn’t.
How’s that?

a

*I too wanted Coghlan.

Well let’s start with the fact one is a bullocking inside mid and the other one isn’t.
How’s that?

Just an observation but your very agreeable with most if not all club decisions.

a

*I too wanted Coghlan.

How’s that?

Just an observation but your very agreeable with most if not all club decisions.

a) If you knew me you would understand that is not the case. Although I don’t often agree with most of the more over the top ranting around here.

b) Wtf does that have to do with Stokes and Coghlan?

Enjoy the pay.
you watch too many TED talks
a

*I too wanted Coghlan.

How’s that?

its easy to agree on something when you have the facts, and don’t fly off the handle on internet hyperbole.

would have taken Fyfe or Sandilands (we need another ruck) before this guy… wasted pick.

FWIW, I like the pick

FWIW, I like the pick

you only said that because he is indigenous.

racist.

FWIW, I like the pick

he is talking games away from Tippa you know!!