Welcome to Essendon - Mitch Brown please!

is he from their football factory

Factory second. With a little bit of buffing of the scratches, and maybe a new wheel, you can get a cracking bargain.

It was just vapour lock…

Quoted Post

Thought he was a spud for Geelong but to be fair to him, mostly played fwd for them so didn't see how he went in defense.

Has been good in defense for the past 3 games. Would welcome him with a rookie pick for sure. Would add extra depth.

“Defence”

Mooney reckons he needed a good kick up the ■■■■ and might have got it when he got delisted. That said, there’s bugger all chance he will be around by our pick, plenty of clubs looking for talls.

Quoted Post

I thought the Free agency and delisted free agency had separate rules and thats the reason for my question. Otherwise weneed to select Brown in the National draft, Pre season draft or in rookie draft.

99% sure the answer is no, not now.

Delisted FA applies to guys who were cut that year. So we could’ve picked him up instead of Gwilt in last years FA period.
Next draft he’s just back in the pool.

Geelong’s Pears. We already have one.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I thought the Free agency and delisted free agency had separate rules and thats the reason for my question. Otherwise weneed to select Brown in the National draft, Pre season draft or in rookie draft.

Delisted FA applies to guys who were cut that year. So we could’ve picked him up instead of Gwilt in last years FA period.

I’m about 60 per cent that once you’re a delisted free agent that it doesn’t reset after a year, and that he’ll just be able to sign with whoever he wants. Obviously I’m not close to certain, but that was always my vibe. I feel like it’s happened previously, but I can’t put my finger on when.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Thought he was a spud for Geelong but to be fair to him, mostly played fwd for them so didn't see how he went in defense.

Has been good in defense for the past 3 games. Would welcome him with a rookie pick for sure. Would add extra depth.

“Defence”

clap clap clap

Quoted Post

He’s from the MickTurner O’brien Window factory.

BTW what is this Mick Turner thing about?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I’m about 60 per cent that once you’re a delisted free agent that it doesn’t reset after a year, and that he’ll just be able to sign with whoever he wants. Obviously I’m not close to certain, but that was always my vibe. I feel like it’s happened previously, but I can’t put my finger on when.

Obviously can’t be stuffed looking for the rules proper, but any reference to it happening your way, ever?
There’s been guys drafted a year after being cut who (if you’re right) would have been covered under DFA - Daniel Currie (Syd to SANFL to North). Seems odd a club would take the punt in the draft when they could lock it away.

Quoted Post

Geelong's Pears. We already have one.

But do we want a pair?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Allegedly misbehaved himself with a girl in the car park of the Geelong Social Club one night.
The story goes that he surprised her that the Ford issued LTD had power windows and wound them up, getting her head struck inside the car.
What he did to the rest of her, stuck outside the car is the stuff of rumour innuendo and hearsay.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Allegedly misbehaved himself with a girl in the car park of the Geelong Social Club one night.
The story goes that he surprised her that the Ford issued LTD had power windows and wound them up, getting her head struck inside the car.
What he did to the rest of her, stuck outside the car is the stuff of rumour innuendo and hearsay.

didnt mick have a "co driver"also

Quoted Post

If he was Geelong’s Pears he’d be 190cm, not 196. Massive difference when it comes to playing as a stopper on a big fwd.

Could be a steal…not sure that I want a pair of Pears. Has some ability though, if possible, worth the gamble.

Quoted Post

Could be a steal..not sure that I want a pair of Pears. Has some ability though, if possible, worth the gamble.

Would much prefer a pair of mangos.

I’ll grab my coat.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

But do we want a pair?

Au pairs?

Je suis au pair

This year we have one.

In all honesty Pears would need to play 15 games this year and perform well in all of them to get a contract for 2016.
Which I can’t see happening.

Which leads to a spot opening. And, given we’ll most likely have Fletch going too, and Steinberg a possibility at the same time, and we’re already light on - we’ll only have Hurley and Hooker to fill the 3 tall back spots. We’re going to be picking up 2 or 3 tall backs this next draft/trade period IMHO, whatever happens.