Welcome to Essendon - Mitch Brown please!

*waits for someone to suggest moving Carlisle back to mostly KPD

Quoted Post

*waits for someone to suggest moving Carlisle back to mostly KPD
People already are, cf the Best 22 thread. If we could magic another gun CHF out of our ■■■■, I wouldn't be against it. But we can't and won't.

With such a common surname as “Brown” and we have had a few Browns in our football history carn’t one of them put up there hand
and say “he’s my son” and snooker him under father son rule…SORTED … Be Good Hey !!!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
I thought the Free agency and delisted free agency had separate rules and thats the reason for my question. Otherwise weneed to select Brown in the National draft, Pre season draft or in rookie draft.

99% sure the answer is no, not now.

Delisted FA applies to guys who were cut that year. So we could’ve picked him up instead of Gwilt in last years FA period.
Next draft he’s just back in the pool.

I’m about 60 per cent that once you’re a delisted free agent that it doesn’t reset after a year, and that he’ll just be able to sign with whoever he wants. Obviously I’m not close to certain, but that was always my vibe. I feel like it’s happened previously, but I can’t put my finger on when.

Obviously can’t be stuffed looking for the rules proper, but any reference to it happening your way, ever?
There’s been guys drafted a year after being cut who (if you’re right) would have been covered under DFA - Daniel Currie (Syd to SANFL to North). Seems odd a club would take the punt in the draft when they could lock it away.

Understand what you’re saying, but I reckon with a guy who’s been through that route a club would likely be thinking ‘he’s a good option if it happens, but we don’t want to lock that pick in, just in case some youngster we rate falls’

They probably figure he’s unlikely to be taken anyway, and if he does he’s one of 4 or 5 guys they’d be happy to take late, but if one of the kids they really rated was by some freak available at 56, and they’d already locked in Currie, they’d be disappointed…

(I tried to look for the FA rules, but couldn’t find the actual rules. The various summaries I read don’t mention anyone’s status being reset. I’ll keep looking…)

Looks like you’re right

(b) A Player who:
(i) is on the Primary List of a Club; and
(ii) subject to Rule 17.1©, is removed from the Primary List by that Club on
or before the final list lodgement date in a particular year (relevant
year);
will be a Free Agent in the relevant year.

Thought so. Thanks for doing the digging.

a good rogering is alleged

I'm not sure what the fascination is to be honest. He played a few good NAB cup games and had a decent VFL season. I don't see the absolute need to get him on the list immediately.
He has been very very good in the vfl. He was 3rd favourite to win the best and fairest of the whole league, and wss in the vfl team kf the season. he plays as a defender but when needed swings to the forward line and kicks a fair amount of goals. He single handily got sandringham through one or 2 of the finals being moved forward aftwr halftime and taking mark after marm and kicking goal after goal. He was enourmous and with the younger talent 'dropping away' after pick 30 odd i can see why people would want him. I guess its each to their own though

Key bit there.
Big gap between 25 & 57. If he’s there at 57, I’d take him even if we have already gotten 2 talls.

I would too!

WSPHU!

Thoughts on picking him up for season 2016?
Any VFL watchers here with some insight on his performances & form?
No secret we could definately use a very serviceable tall especially if Pears & Stein don’t come on and dare I say it, Carlisle le, le, lea… Na, I’m not saying it.
We should be the best placed club to snap him up though.

Rats.

Can he go into the national draft?
And If he went national draft how early would we have to go?

He can and you’d imagine he would register for the drafts. Hard to tell when he’d go, Mitch Brown (was 20 or 21 i think) went in the 50s, Harry Taylor went in the teens.

Wasnt sure if he had to go into the psd because he’d already been on a list thats all
Would we ise our second rounder?

Nah, that got changed a few years ago. Remember Luke Ball got drafted in the main draft (Melks year, 09)

I’d hazard a guess that will be a bit too early but I’ve got no real idea what will be around at our second.

Yeah i am basing on the line that this is a very shallow draft pool

If the draft is really poor (like 2002 levels) then our 2nd rounder might be necessary. The problem is that there are a few teams near the top (Freo, Hawthorn) who could use a key back so if they liked what they saw with us, their 2nd rounder isn’t a stretch in a weak draft. Some middle teams like Bulldogs and Geelong also wouldn’t mind a key defender.

My line of thinking is if Jakey goes, is it feasible that we trade him for a mid and aim to pick brown up in the draft

If Carlisle stays picking up Brown to add depth and options makes sense. Even if he stays, you’ll have situations like the current one - one of Hooker/Hurley/JD/Carlisle injured and no real backup. Of course, it depends on what pick we want to use for depth and how other clubs rate him.

A second rounder? For Mitch Brown?

Why the fark would we or anybody do that?