Welcome to Essendon - Nathan Grima

I love how bent a few North supporters/coaches/etc are about this.

"Yeah I love it here, they have money, and fans"

And a medical team

If he's fully fit (as in pre-2015 fitness) he's in our best 22 ahead of Hartley. That's a big if though.

He missed about 11 weeks in 2014… rounds 8 to 19 inclusive.

I love how bent the few North supporters/coaches/etc are about this.

Fixed

sounds genuinely excited and grateful for the opportunity. good on him.

go dons.

Thanks for sen link

Someone needed to replace the void left by Travis Colyer/Nick O'Brien in the online content department.

Knew we should’ve gone and got Bootsma

How many NAB cup games does Grima need to play to confirm that his back is O.K. ??
1 or 2 full games - I would think.

The team needs to be reasonably settled by NAB 3 - i.e. the most likely squad for Round 1

Will Ess manage his back - like Fletchers - and little to no flying for interstate games - like Round 1 in QLD v’s Gold Coast ??

Ruled himself out of Round 1.

I hope his back holds up and that he can play. He could be a very good pick up for us. I think he is pinching himself that this opportunity has come along. Seems like a larrikin and a good bloke from what I have seen, heard and read.

He was doing part time work at north melbourne and was suppose to play with strathmore this year. When he told the north Melbourne players he was going to be a top up player they all cracked the sh*ts. All more reason for us to beat north now!

The above shows exactly what North Melbourne are, a club full of selfish/me first individuals. You would think they would be happy that the guy (one of their friends) has a chance to be back playing AFL and probably getting some decent coin.

No wonder they haven’t won anything since the 90’s. Fold and die Norf

My new favourite player.

He also likes a goal…
Well, one at least anyway…
But it just so happened to be against us.

Hmm, was that one Jakey C in the background who was supposed to be on Grima perhaps?? (I don’t know, anyone? Bueller?)

Another in the “I used to hate him but now love him” basket.

Fantastic interview!

Fantastic interview!

Grima Wormtongue

Except this Grima has gone from dark to light, rather than visa versa

I am the opposite to many here in that Grima was the one Nth player I always liked. He always gave an honest effort on the field and he was a firm favourite in my SC team as well. Having just watched his interview I hope like hell he gets through the season intact and is even looked at next year if he has a good season, if not by us then by someone else. He is 30 years old and I believe still has a bit to offer, and he just comes across as a guy who just wants to play footy, doesn’t matter where or for who. I suppose having had an injury that may have crippled him for life leads to a different perspective on the things that are important to you. Good luck Nathan and I look forward to watching you excel in the Red and Black.

Fantastic interview!

Yep (just watched it)

Honest, forthright, funny and a great smile…

Hopes the Essendon supporters embrace him, don’t think he will have any worries on that one.

Hope it goes well for him and our club.

I have tried but struggled to get excited about the top ups, with the possible exceptions of Polky, who was one of ours, and Crowley, who was shafted by the Shockers when he clearly deserved another chance. Basically I look at the rest of them and can’t help thinking that this lot might prevent the one thing I want to happen this year from happening, namely watching Tippa play a game of AFL.
I don’t watch other teams that often, even when we play them, I’m that one eyed, so I asked my daughter who the hell Grima was. She follows footy and said he could play but he has back problems. Back problems, I scoffed, and shook my head like I really knew what I was talking about. So it was with a jaundiced eye that I watched his interview on the club site. Well I still don’t know if he can play footy but that’s just about the best interview I’ve heard from a footy player. Talk about a breath of fresh air. I might even get a bit excited if he gets up for a game because I can’t help liking a player who veers so spontaneously off script to take the pis s out of himself.
One top up to go. Don’t suppose there’s a chance we might reward one of the VFL players who provided us with a bit of light to illuminate the gloom that was 2015.