Welcome to Essendon - Nathan Grima

move over Stokes there’s a new whipping boy.

Wait until he sees the crowd for a intra club match!!

“Hello Nathan, Merv speaking”

10/10

So we have two training ovals as you can see Grima “f#*k me”

"Yeah I love it here, they have money, and fans"

Various types of floors.

“Now Grima see this state of the art facilities?”

“Yea”

“This is what you can get with a thing called money… something the tin rat… I mean North dont have.”

“Wow… can it fix my back… the docs said its cooked…”

“Wait… they were doctors? North cant afford them.”

He was doing part time work at north melbourne and was suppose to play with strathmore this year. When he told the north Melbourne players he was going to be a top up player they all cracked the sh*ts. All more reason for us to beat north now!

I am a bit underwhelmed with this particular signing. Don’t get me wrong, I rated him when he played against us a few years back. He just seemed like he was stopping us everytime we went forward. He seems like a good bloke but I have serious reservations about his durability. I wonder if Sheeds had anything to do with him coming to Essendon ala talking Mal Michael out of retirement?

I am glad he wants to help the club but frankly I would have preferred Matthew Watson, considering he is Steve Alessio’s nephew and even if he plays crap games he will probably be able to play regularly. Besides Watson has some decent attributes (or at least one) such as his long kicking.

Nontheless, welcome Nathan. #Wormtongue

My favourite player growing up was Paul Van De Haar. He was just such a fun character. The type who acted like he couldn't care less off the field but was a gladiator on the field. In the past we have had our fair share of uptight players like Goddard, strange ones like Reimers and Kommer and boring stars like Heppell (to listen to not watch), but we haven't had too many players with striking personalities. Guys that make you smile every time you listen to them. Grima strikes me as one of those guys.

I like listening to Heppell talking, could be the country thing but I like listening to what he says and how he says it.

Someone needed to replace the void left by Travis Colyer/Nick O’Brien in the online content department.

He was doing part time work at north melbourne and was suppose to play with strathmore this year. When he told the north Melbourne players he was going to be a top up player they all cracked the sh*ts. All more reason for us to beat north now!

To quote that old Fossil Bert Newton: “I like the boy”.

In all seriousness, I hope it works out for him and he doesn’t end up with a buggered back. Regardless of where he came from, he doesn’t deserve that.

Fantastic. Worth the signing just for that. Don’t care if he gets on the park once this season now.

Starting tomorrow.

The Blitz contingent alone would probably outnumber their entire membership base.

Outrageous prediction: Will be top 5 in the B and F.

Outrageous prediction: Will be top 5 in the B and F.

If he plays 18 games I agree, but that is extremely unlikely. Need to play pretty much every game, even in a struggling team, to do that well in a B&F.

That’s what makes it outrageous.

Great interview on SEN this afternoon.

Link to SEN audio

If he’s fully fit (as in pre-2015 fitness) he’s in our best 22 ahead of Hartley.
That’s a big if though.