Welcome to Essendon - Sam Grimley

Hawthorn probably a bit sorry they delisted him in September , with Roughy out of the game for at least 4 probably 6 months

I reckon the AFL should give the Hawks a top up for Roughy…

…just for the pleasure of watching Port crack it again.

Apart from the fact his a good player IMO, he’s come from one of the most successful clubs in the modern era. he could teach us a thing or two which could help us.

Apart from the fact his a good player IMO, he's come from one of the most successful clubs in the modern era. he could teach us a thing or two which could help us.

Yep just like Simpkin. If the both of them were at any other club they probably wouldn’t have been delisted

Plays angry, which I like.

Many are supporting angry this year so he will fit in just fine.

#godons

Grimo

Has come from Hawthorn, make him forward coach too!

A very good, very logical signing. Badly needed too, since i suspect Brown will have to play CHB regularly.

Yep reckon he'll do okay.

Hooker replacement :wink:

always hard to replace a good hooker though.

It’d be a grim occasion.

The Reaper

Sam Grimley, or Grimey as he liked to be called…

Good pick up. Could be the best of the lot (in terms of finding a player beyond this year) because he’s VFL form is very good and he’s still young. A lot of clubs were looking at him too and was unlucky to be overlooked.
Could do a Mitch Brown and end up on our list.

Well done Sam.

Great top up selection. Been in the system right through since being drafted. Good form in the VFL. Would have been in many sides best 22. Only 25. Key Forward. Will be super motivated to get another shot at being drafted in 2016.

Could be our highest goal kicker for 2016. (it depresses me to think how many that might be).

Before people start having a go thinking I am bagging JD, I am not. I just don’t think we will kick very high scores this year. However he and JD could very well be our highest goal pairing for some time.

Reckon he moves a bit like Carlisle in the training footage in this vid:

Bit hard to tell though, cos he’s not sooking.

So you mean not moving much at all, and looking at his toes?

Don’t forget the standing still and pointing!

Nah in all seriousness something about the running style and shoulders looks Carlisle-esque.

The stoop of the head, I reckon.

My nephew told me yesterday that Grimley was a year ahead of him in high school, and that he was a bit of a bully and a smartarse who was full of himself. He can’t stand Grimley.

While I sympathised with my nephew, I reasoned that those same attributes may be a bonus for him as a forward at EFC this year.

My nephew told me yesterday that Grimley was a year ahead of him in high school, and that he was a bit of a bully and a smartarse who was full of himself. He can't stand Grimley.

While I sympathised with my nephew, I reasoned that those same attributes may be a bonus for him as a forward at EFC this year.

NOT a quality person?!?!?!?!?

My nephew told me yesterday that Grimley was a year ahead of him in high school, and that he was a bit of a bully and a smartarse who was full of himself. He can't stand Grimley.

Can you imagine what the classmates of half our 2000 premiership side would have said about them? MJ, Solly, Wally …

As long as he can contribute and follow the standards, I don’t care what he did as a teenager.