Welcome to Essendon - Sam Grimley

am i right in thinking box hill try to emulate the hawks forward system and avoid having the same key focal point for the whole game?

My nephew told me yesterday that Grimley was a year ahead of him in high school, and that he was a bit of a bully and a smartarse who was full of himself. He can't stand Grimley.

While I sympathised with my nephew, I reasoned that those same attributes may be a bonus for him as a forward at EFC this year.

Can you imagine what the classmates of half our 2000 premiership side would have said about them? MJ, Solly, Wally …

As long as he can contribute and follow the standards, I don’t care what he did as a teenager.

Exactly. I know a bloke who went to school with McPhee. Did not have a positive word to say about him.
My nephew told me yesterday that Grimley was a year ahead of him in high school, and that he was a bit of a bully and a smartarse who was full of himself. He can't stand Grimley.

While I sympathised with my nephew, I reasoned that those same attributes may be a bonus for him as a forward at EFC this year.

Can you imagine what the classmates of half our 2000 premiership side would have said about them? MJ, Solly, Wally …

As long as he can contribute and follow the standards, I don’t care what he did as a teenager.

Exactly. I know a bloke who went to school with McPhee. Did not have a positive word to say about him.

I know a guy who grew up next door to mcphee, he was a few years older than him, so he used to beat into him a lot, as he was supposedly a little ■■■■ of a kid.

Once mcphee grew up, the guy was pretty keen to never run into him again.

NOT a quality person?!?!?!?!?

holy ■■■■

am i right in thinking box hill try to emulate the hawks forward system and avoid having the same key focal point for the whole game?
I don't know, but I note the VFL leading goal kicker stat has collapsed over the past decade.

On his last day of year 12, did he tell him to finish his muck up day prank and ■■■■ off?

Grimley has serious wheels for a big man. I remember that game he played as his first for Hawks in ruck where he kicked 3 and he got very involved around ground.
You'll probably remember him being called "Lowden" then and looking a bit more like Lowden and displaying a lot of all-round Lowdeny type characteristics and not so many of the distinctive Grimey factor.
Probably fits better into our "waisted" age profile, than some of the 30 something top ups, but was completely bypassed at the last draft by 22 clubs, presumably because he is "too old" to draft.
Who were the other four clubs?
Its good to know someone reads posts and picks up on idiotic things I write like like 22 clubs. Everyone knows there are 19 clubs in the AFL **

** 18 football clubs and the Boys club that runs the show.

Grimly (adverb). This is how opposition defenders will walk back to their positions after Sam marks at the highest point yet again, and kicks a swag go goals on them.

A most welcome addition.

To be fair, neither did many on Blitz even before he screwed and stated he was leaving for Freo after the trade period ended, so we got nothing in return.

I can see him ending up at Fremantle next year

So his nickname is officially Horace, am I right?

Surely if he has a good season with us, there will be some sort of “gentlemens agreement” from other clubs to let him through to us if he makes his intentions clear he wants to play for us and is happy here.

It’d be terrific wouldn’t it. Grimley, Brown, McKernan and Hartley all go well for us and then we pick up Grimley in the 4th round. Leuenberger Gets a solid season in and Hurley, Hooker and TBell all return next season. Add Joe and there’s a lot of tall depth right there. Would probably only consider a talented ruck project and keep Gach developing as a rookie.

The other unknown is we’ve offered a one year extension on all of the missing 12. You’d imagine fringe types like Pears would take that deal. We may end up making minimum and reluctant delistings. How many picks are we willing to use on top up guys vs high draft talent if we don’t cut too deeply? On the other hand it might be quite easy if a few of the 12 decide to leave.

Grimley has serious wheels for a big man. I remember that game he played as his first for Hawks in ruck where he kicked 3 and he got very involved around ground.
You'll probably remember him being called "Lowden" then and looking a bit more like Lowden and displaying a lot of all-round Lowdeny type characteristics and not so many of the distinctive Grimey factor.

Well that’s awkward. Right you are.

That Lowden guy eh!

facepalm

Grim and Grima

Reaper Crew

I got this … “The Grimmer Twins

The Brothers Grim

Surely if he has a good season with us, there will be some sort of "gentlemens agreement" from other clubs to let him through to us if he makes his intentions clear he wants to play for us and is happy here.

Unlikely. I wouldn’t expect it from other clubs, and I wouldn’t expect Essendon to make any concessions to other clubs if they found themselves in the same position.

Wore a cap, backwards, for (one of) his official photo(s).

Wore a cap, backwards, for (one of) his official photo(s).

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Essendon/Images/16102_GrimleyH.jpg

Looks arrogant.

Grim and Grima