Welcome to Essendon - there might be more last list spots…

So… waterman then?

1 Like

The 2nd tier footy pathways system has been a joke for nearly a decade. Clubs should have a definitive date to finalise their lists with a mid year trade period so they can cover holes due to injury, retirement, delistings etc. If a player is poached from a lower comp then there should be financial compensation involved.

2 Likes

I mean, come on. That’s not even trying: how do you not fit in a “callow Callow” bit?

3 Likes

I also think grass should be green.

1 Like

They have multiple free list spots, they can use one to get a player who would play the same role as Patton would, since they know he will never play again. It matters not if you are using Patton’s specific list spot or not…
Like you don’t need to use Scully’s list spot on a winger, or Sicily’s list spot on a farking wanker. One of these spots can be used on a kpf who does or does not harass women.

1 Like

There should be no mid-season draft. And larger team lists. If you are unlucky with injury or don’t have enough depth, diddums.

7 Likes

The hot chicks thread?

4 Likes

I think list sizes should include the seconds squad

1 Like

As long as Patton stays on their list and serves out any penalty, I really don’t care what they do with their other list spots. The implication was that Patton was being cut and replaced.

1 Like

No, that was not implied at all.

It says there’s no guarantee he will play again. Which does imply he is not cut and may still play. But that is unlikely and another option needed.

Hasn’t been mentioned in here.

Down to one (training) prospect.

1 Like

1 + Dunkley? I mean he’s still training with the AFL guys by the sounds of it, which the other VFL guys aren’t.

Yeah still is i believe. I think the club might pick him and another kid up in the midseason draft though

I’m lead to believe the reason that Waterman is still with us and the other guys have gone home is more a matter of logistics than any indicator of a final decision. Going back to WA would mean that he would need to quarantine before he could come back again if we decide to sign him. Byrne out of the running.

7 Likes

Well we never know the real prospects. Last year I don’t think Crauford trained with us, but he was still the one we selected. So we don’t really know.

This comment from the training thread implies there is someone else we’re looking at. Just not in the public eye.

2 Likes

My memory says Tim Watson mentioned it. It would be great if we magic someone out of nowhere. Can we sign someone already? Ideally you sign them ASAP and get them training. Longer it takes, the less likely this appears.

1 Like

Im sure there was a kid wearing zaka’s jumper.
Maybe its down to him and Waterman?

It was Sheeds on a news interview. They were asking about our top draft picks and he said something like we think we found another one

1 Like

I think that would probably just be Sheeds embellishing a little. It is in his nature.

2 Likes

Hard to gauge that really

I mean coaches/club have often said in relation to players and their potential - ‘we think may have a player here’ - Kelly/Gia?? most recently about Cahill.

Was Sheedy actually referring to the one of the top picks themselves and their potential to be a star - ‘we think we’ve found another one’

Or was it in relation to some other player they may have lined up who wasn’t taken at either draft… and thus ‘another one’ still to come.

Would love to see the actual footage of Sheedy saying it

1 Like