Welcome to Essendon, Zachary Merrett

Well, someone has to do it.

EgZachary. :wacko:

Will add some class and creativity to the forward line. Apparently a ripper lad, too. GET AROUND HIM.

Was disappointed not to get Dumont but the more I think about it the more I like this pick up.

Probably goes close to having some of the best foot skills in the draft.

Will add some class and creativity to the forward line. Apparently a ripper lad, too. GET AROUND HIM.

SEN guys said 'great disposal' 'lethal let foot'.

Build the body, build the tank.......good times

Dodoro rated him in the top 15. Took time because there was someone else (Dumont) who we rated highly. 

Quickest decision maker at Draft Combine. Massive upside with cricket background. 

Calling early dibs on him

He was always part of the family :)

I reckon Jackson is / will be an excellent user of the footy, so if Zach is a step up on that he will really add to the side. We need better kicking skills, and Zach averages 25 touches per game. Much to like on potential.

zachary_smith.jpg

Dodoro rated him in the top 15. Took time because there was someone else (Dumont) who we rated highly. 

Quickest decision maker at Draft Combine. Massive upside with cricket background

How good are his skills with the bat...maybe we could loan him to our test team for the summer ;)

Is he quick?

Is there a Zaharakis vibe about him?

Might be exactly what the midfield stocks need.

Quickest decision maker at Draft Combine. Massive upside with cricket background.

How good are his skills with the bat...maybe we could loan him to our test team for the summer ;)

Get him under Shane Watson's wing, should bulk up in no time.

“Zach has a fantastic footy brain, so he‘s able to read the play a bit quicker than most other guys. I‘d say his major strengths are his kicking and his link-up play – when he gets a possession off half back, you‘ll see him bobbing up again at half forward getting another possession.”

- Sandringham Dragons coach Ryan O'Connor

Is that the Big Rhino?

Give him #19. A locker next to his brother.

Needed in Brisbane pronto. Will be batting at 6 in the 2nd innings.
Edit: OK beaten to it twice. My bad.

Get him under Shane Watson's wing, should bulk up in no time.

And breakdown and fail to live up to his potential! No thanks sal.

My new favourite non-Dell player. Take a number and join the queue you blokes

My new favourite non-Dell player. Take a number and join the queue you blokes

That was quick

Needed in Brisbane pronto. Will be batting at 6 in the 2nd innings.

Haha - I'm out of likes so I had to quote!

His cricket background has meant he hasn't really done a preseason until this year - hence there is meant to be a lot of upside with his fitness.