Welcome to Essendon, Zachary Merrett

Dodoro rated him in the top 15. Took time because there was someone else (Dumont) who we rated highly.
Quickest decision maker at Draft Combine. Massive upside with cricket background.

How good are his skills with the bat...maybe we could loan him to our test team for the summer ;)

Get him under Shane Watson's wing, should bulk up in no time.

Great, then he'll be built like Tarzan and play like Jane just the same as Watto right?

Welcome Zach. This may be stupid but he reminds me a lot of Dane Swan. Similar build, can rack em up but this guy CLEARLY uses it better and can kick more goals. Very quick too.

Dodoro rated him in the top 15. Took time because there was someone else (Dumont) who we rated highly.
Quickest decision maker at Draft Combine. Massive upside with cricket background.

How good are his skills with the bat...maybe we could loan him to our test team for the summer ;)

Get him under Shane Watson's wing, should bulk up in no time.

Great, then he'll be built like Tarzan and play like Jane like Watto right?

Dominate in the irrelevant forms of the game, ie NAB Cup or VFL. Fail when it matters...

“Zach has a fantastic footy brain, so he‘s able to read the play a bit quicker than most other guys. I‘d say his major strengths are his kicking and his link-up play – when he gets a possession off half back, you‘ll see him bobbing up again at half forward getting another possession.”
- Sandringham Dragons coach Ryan O'Connor

Is that the Big Rhino?

Not too sure, sorry. 

there can be only one.

Shirley.

Welcome Zach. This may be stupid but he reminds me a lot of Dane Swan. Similar build, can rack em up but this guy CLEARLY uses it better and can kick more goals. Very quick too.

hes bewick. reborn. without the ranga.

win win irrelevant.

Just saw some highlights.

Couple of times he had already decided where to kick the ball before he even had the ball in his hands as he kicked the ball blind both times - first time hit his leading forward on the chest (bounced off/got spoiled).

Not surprised he tested highest for decision-making.

Is a beautiful kick too.....something we are in short supply of.

Challenge will be winning enough ball so his ultra-quick decision-making & kicking skills can be brought to the fore.

ahh beer.

making you post things you just think.

Daniel Rich type?

Will add some class and creativity to the forward line. Apparently a ripper lad, too. GET AROUND HIM.

SEN guys said 'great disposal' 'lethal let foot'.

Build the body, build the tank.......good times

Good long kick too by the looks of it

I see a future Chapman type on our hands.

I know-big call, but he's got a big set of thighs, a frame you can biuld on, great disposal, footy smarts.

I'm gonna make call-Will be a really muscled up half forwad/mid that bursts out of the midfield and can nail em from 50+.

And rest forward and be chapmanesque in aggression and goal sense.

21/11/2013.

I love beer,

I know-big call, but he's got a big set of thighs, a frame you can biuld on, great disposal, footy smarts.

I'm gonna make call-Will be a really muscled up half forwad/mid that bursts out of the midfield and can nail em from 50+.

21/11/2013.

I love beer,

I think Sam Mitchell is a very good comparison. Fingers crossed he can play like either one of these. 

The CUB Blitz National Draft 2014.

LOCK IT IN.

Daniel Rich type?

I can see some similar attributes. The way he seems to chisel a couple of those left foot laser beam passes in his highlight package certainly whets the appetite. Seems effortless. Agree with whoever mentioned he could turn into a formidable physical unit with that compact build and solid legs - certainly a different build to his brother. Welcome Zach and may you bring great joy to our club.

BROUGHT HIM IN

Without really knowing why, I’ll suggest his height put some recruiters off because he wasn’t supposed to be there at 26. Hopefully we’ll benefit from the current fashion for tall mids.

Just saw some highlights.
Couple of times he had already decided where to kick the ball before he even had the ball in his hands as he kicked the ball blind both times - first time hit his leading forward on the chest (bounced off/got spoiled).
Not surprised he tested highest for decision-making.
Is a beautiful kick too.....something we are in short supply of.
Challenge will be winning enough ball so his ultra-quick decision-making & kicking skills can be brought to the fore.

Every draftee is going to have a highlights vid that builds the hype, but that kick at TIO from the centre to the leading forward, brilliant.
Haven't had delivery like that to the forward line since Rioli or McVeigh.

Looks a lot like Jonathan Brown in his set shots for goal.

Way to go zak,elite skills and decision maker(they are the TRAITS of elite players in most sports).

Our own J HIRD had the footy brain that few do(quick decision maker which gave himself extra time).

Love the way he puts the ball to boot( looks very cassy) and the boy has speed=good choice!!

21/11/2013.

I love beer,

I think Sam Mitchell is a very good comparison. Fingers crossed he can play like either one of these. 

If he's half as good as Sam Mitchell I wont be happy.

Here's hoping he'll be better, and already much faster.