Welcome to Essendon, Zachary Merrett

Looks a bit like the Rhino, Ryan O’Conner for mine. Wears a football jumper, seems to also kick the ball with his foot…

Welcome to Essendon Dayle Merritt.

I lile recruiting brothers. Just fun seeing them link up in play around the ground.

Highlights look good, appears to be silky and left footed. Good combination.

Welcome to Essendon!

I liked the bit in the highlights where he kicked it 40 metres to himself.

That’s quick.

He and his brother good speed and link up type players

Good luck to him.

Don't like... this kid is one of those ■■■■■■ that are good at whatever sport they try.

He's ■■■■■■ well made it onto our list without even really focusing on footy.

upside... upside... upside.  

To those in the know, would he be likely to play a game in 2014 of form warranted, would he be physically and mentally ready?

Ok so we picked up a cross between Sam Mitchell, Daniel Rich & Paul Chapman with the footy brain of James Hird?

Good at this draft caper we are.

Would it be fair to say that Zach is rated more coming out of the draft than Jackson?

Better TAC Cup year?

The next Zaha.

Is it fair to say he is a player who will play a similar role to what Zaharakis did from 09-11?

I'd like to know the knocks on Merrett's game. Why isn't he a top 10 player? Initially I was disappointed with this selection, because I wanted Dumont, but I've been reading and he sounds good, so I'm pleased. I'm hoping for good things. Averaged 22 disposals which is outstanding, I'm glad we got a high possession ball winner, and I'm hoping he can play some 1st next year.

So Swann, Mitchell, Brown, Chapman…I don’t see any of it.

I see Luke Power like low to the ground kicking action. Then I read Dodoro’s comments and he mentions Power too. So you are all wrong.

Luke Power it is…

Well Power is better than the other comparsons, although he looks to have more speed and penetration on his kicking than Power, but still not a bad one.

Ok so we picked up a cross between Sam Mitchell, Daniel Rich & Paul Chapman with the footy brain of James Hird?

You must've missed the bit where he reportedly "looks like Jono Brown in front of goals"...

Glad we went with Zach when Dumont was available, always cool to bring brothers onto the list.

You must've missed the bit where he reportedly "looks like Jono Brown in front of goals"...

Yeah I discounted that one as I wasn't sure U9's counted....but hey it's gotta be a plus ;-)

Glad we went with Zach when Dumont was available, always cool to bring brothers onto the list.

I think Adelaide would be pretty happy to re-unite the Crouch brothers....man that could be dealy down the track

Well Power is better than the other comparsons, although he looks to have more speed and penetration on his kicking than Power, but still not a bad one.

Can see him bulking up like Stewie Dew.

I see a future Chapman type on our hands.

I know-big call, but he's got a big set of thighs, a frame you can biuld on, great disposal, footy smarts.

I'm gonna make call-Will be a really muscled up half forwad/mid that bursts out of the midfield and can nail em from 50+.

And rest forward and be chapmanesque in aggression and goal sense.

21/11/2013.

I love beer,

I think Sam Mitchell is a very good comparison. Fingers crossed he can play like either one of these. 

Some of his decision making and clean hands remind me of how Mitchell receives the ball but the movement and kicking style reminds me of Luke Power but Zach has more pentration.