West Taiwan (aka CHINA)

Experts are predicting one million deaths - Reckon it could reach 3 to 5 million.

They’ll never admit anything like the real number.

Absolutely - And they will probably never be 100% sure of the true number.

And they are too proud and foolish to accept real working vaccines from overseas.

1 Like

EFA

1 Like

The older cohort dont really care about workable vaccines - They have a distrust of vaccines and many in that 80+ age group have the view they may not have that long to live, so taking a vaccine is not worth it - I doubt it will change.

1 Like

Wife and I are booked in for the non Chinese booster here in Australia tomorrow

Covid is running rampant in Nanjing but of course very few to nil deaths

8 Likes

There was a report of a deal between Germany and China that Germans working in China could get access to the non China Vax.

1 Like

We had heard those rumours as well, problem is that there is > 1 billion Chinese that also want the non Chinese vaccines

If Covid severely incapacitates the workers in China, would that lead to massive disruption in the global supply chain?

Yes. But would also force countries to consider their supply chain reliance on China. Finnish PM made a good point on the risk of reliance on China for technology.

2 Likes

I hope your wife and daughter get out of China and you can meet up elsewhere.

What will happen to your pet dog? Will you take it with you?

1 Like

COVID will cause some disruption in Mainland China for the next three months, however, the community is happier than being locked up chasing zero COVID - It’s a matter of suffering pain before you obtain pleasure.

@micinbeijing196
Do you know whether Penny Wong’s visit to Beijing was reported in China? Or anything about the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations?
There was a prominent Russian Minister visiting at the same time.

Anecdotally I’m being told many streets in Beijing are deserted as people now self-impose lockdowns. Already many families and work units have 50%+ rates of infection.

Long wait all over China to get bodies cremated. Costs 30000 RMB in Beijing.

The Rage journo who went with Penny Wong said the Beijing streets they travelled through ( including Tianiamenn Square) between the airport and the State Guest villas compound were deserted.
They were not allowed out of the compound.

1 Like

My company has 33 employees off work yesterday, it was 2 on Monday.

3 Likes

Thanks, actually we are all together now Sunny/rainy/sunny Melbourne. We are here until mid-Jan then need to decide on next move. Our daughters school is switching to online classes in Jan and not sure about Feb yet.

Our dog is being looked after in Nanjing while we are away.

We are planning to leave China mid 2023

14 Likes

I see videos from friends in Nanjing that it is the same. So many people are sick with Covid now.

It’s already been happening over the last two years but the effects from this current wave will start to hit soon. It’s not as cheap to manufacture in China as it was 20 years ago, and combined with the realisation of over-reliance on a country that is now trying more and more to assert its global influence, many Western countries are trying to untangle themselves from China. It won’t be pretty in the meantime though.

2 Likes