West Taiwan (aka CHINA)

Well there you go i have now learnt that the largest political party in the world is the Bharatiya Janata Party in India.

Big Brother is everywhere.

1 Like

Chai-Nah

Go to India nowadays if you want selfie requests.

Ni hao fellow gweilo’s.

3 Likes

The call of the South, gweilo’s (White Ghosts), it’s Wei Guo Ren in my parts now.

2 Likes

…how difficult is it to google chinese for fellow? You could even throw in a chinese character or 2 to impress us. Not this one.

It’s a type of Shaanxi rice noodle. I just found a restaurant on the GC that makes authentic Shaanxi food. Very unusual to get real chinese food in Oz.

太难了

1 Like

Interesting.

When I was I visited the land of prosperity in late 2012, I remember walking into a 7/11 type store, and the too guys behind the counter go “ahhhh gweilo” which made me LOL.

Took me a while to get used to being stared at, I’m a decent shade of pale. I didn’t fall for the tea house scam though. Not sure if that affected my social credit score.

That’s actually mixing Mandarin, English and Cantonese together. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m fluent in Chinglish, but Mengonese is beyond me.

1 Like

Over in SE Asia we have Singlish and Manglish, which are really quite unique slang.

Neither, but I was shattered when I learned that they really weren’t in to me :disappointed:

I had no idea it was a cultural norm for Australians to eat cats.

News to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

Trust you didn’t eat it after a few more beers?

He was doing the eyes when he wrote it.

No, but it explained why a number of us has sores on our lips in the following week.

1 Like

You’re not saying it right.

1 Like

Ah Geoff Raby, now there is a very old school Ambassador. I will have to see how if i can tune in somehow. Unfortunately iView which seems to carry some of it is blocked in China and even using a VPN is detects this and is still blocked.

One of my local trainees from up north showed my co-trainer a character she had never seen before. Neither of them, nor anyone else in the class could read it.