Whales

I ask such dumb questions.
Of course there is.
Says he was here earlier this month.
He lives in Vancouver, Canada.

I’ve been to Vancouver, or ‘Couv’ as we like to call it. It’s very rainy.

Couv’s very rainy, eh? He should feel at home, then, pretty sure he’s a Melbourne boy.
Speaking of which, I went for a walk on Wednesday, it lasted 15 mins. Didn’t get swooped by birds, they had more sense than to go out in the pouring rain! Fair dinkum, I could NOT have been wetter if I jumped in the bath fully clothed! That’s honest, IT P1SSED DOWN!!

I thought the sun always shines in Reservoir?

Now you’re being silly.

It doesn’t?

Only when he bends over :innocent:

1 Like

Be nice.

I was positively angelic. The clouds parted, and a beam of light descended upon you.

You’ve changed your story. You intimated that it came out of my arze.
Meaning, “He thinks the sun shines out of his arze.”
Thus…be nice. :unamused:

You’re a sensitive cat Vinnie.

Nah just messin with him :rofl:

2 Likes

2005-2012 Vinnie was the best. This softer, more sensitive incarnation will take some getting used to.

I dunno, maybe you didn’t fully understood the old Vinnie. You know, I can remember getting massively abused the very first week I was on here. It was a thread about Delta Goodrem who was battling cancer and a whole heap of mean buggers were actually almost celebrating the fact! I let em have it both barrels. It seemed like I was one out against the whole mob. That’s the truth, and that was all those years ago. Don’t worry Digs, the old VD cheeky sense of humour and mischief is still intact…and I still don’t mind being who I am even if the mob hates it. You’ll see :wink:

EDIT: OK let me explain briefly. The reason I go walk about from time to time is that occasionally I get so p1ssed off when people just wanna fight and argue all the time. I thought I would try a new approach. I wanna have fun. I wanna make people smile and if possible say interesting stuff. I just can’t be effed fighting all the time. Do you get my drift?

1 Like

Many years ago, l travelled to India and found myself just outside Varanasi in what was reputed to be the garden where Buddha often went to contemplate and find enlightenment. In one corner of the garden stood a non–descript tree, about 4 m high. As l passed the tree, l saw something that caught my eye. A small lizard was climbing the trunk, at the same time a squirrel was coming down the trunk, right in line with the lizard. At about a metre apart, they both froze, staring directly at each other, but not daring to move, it was a stand–off, with the reptile having the advantage as they can remain immobile for longer. I knew that l could have solved the impasse for these 2 animals by making a sudden motion towards them, or even just hand clapping, disturbing their intent and concentration. However, l was very conscious of where l was, and wondered what the Buddha would have done if he were present at that moment. l felt certain that he would not have interfered, and would have left the two animals to resolve their own dilemma. It was a personal zen moment, in the perfect setting. After a pause of a minute or so, both animals acted, l don’t know what triggered them to act, in a flash the squirrel zigged to the right, the lizard zagged to the left. The lizard climbed high into the tree and was soon lost in the foliage. The squirrel ran across the ground and straight up another tree. Possibly it was looking for another lizard.

Getting back to dilemma posed in this thread, l would not swerve one way or the other, but hit the brakes hard, to avoid hitting either of them. If there wasn’t space enough to stop in time, then l still would not swerve one way or the other, but continue straight on, leaving the kitten and the lizard to get out of the way, and l would not look back to see what the result would be.

I drift in and out
I, like perhaps others, still love the club but find it difficult to believe those in positions of power and privilege within the club hold the same affection

1 Like

Great to hear from you, Mero. you’re a legend! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OMG how did I miss this?

You are a complete and utter image

If whales meat was sustainable and tasty, and whales could be humanely killed, I’d tuck in. I’d probably even argue that it’s the most ethical meat - a single whale carcass could feed a town. But whales are endangered, and their slaughter is invariably drawn out and cruel. They probably don’t taste great either. It’s on those grounds most people oppose whaling.

No sac, I am not a snowflake, in fact, that is so not me as to be hilarious. I just don’t like your persona at all and I would be happy if you never read any of my posts or spoke to me again. As you are now, I don’t want to have anything to do with you. If I was a snowflake, I would block you, but I’ve never blocked anyone, it’s not my go.

What I was trying to achieve in my post, that you found so funny, was to demonstrate, to other blitzers, how people can put up a topic, in all honesty, and be accused by people, such as yourself, of things that were utterly without foundation. I thought by saying that, I might help others who cop the same sort of stuff.

Pretty sure they understood me and I’m glad of that.

As for you, I think some real self reflection and soul searching would help you. If you’re willing to play the game by civil rules, I certainly am too. If not, leave me out of your games.