What amuses you

The weird one is “squares” (as in a standard suburban house might be 30 “squares”).

Where a “square” is 10 foot x 10 foot, or 9.2 m2

2 Likes

Kinda darkly amusing, I guess.
There’s a lovely guy here who does maintenance for the park.
I can’t call him a handyman, though.
Because he’s got one arm.

2 Likes

Handman?

1 Like

See ya round Mc Dickface!

Dynamo walk on water…are people that ■■■■■■■ gullable?

Had to explain what cheques were to a young’un a few days ago, when I used my card’s ‘cheque account’.
Makes you feel very old.

2 Likes

I got paid by cheque from a customer before Christmas, for first time in two years.

The local NAB has closed doors, so I had to go to NAB in Melton to bank it. Teller explained that I can bank cheques over the net, by sending an image of the cheques and then destroying it once it clears. Begs the question, I guess why the customer could not pay by transfer like they have been doing for ten years !!

cashing in cheques from the app is amazing, way better than dropping off at an atm and hoping for the best.

1 Like

They might have thought you needed the exercise over Xmas, BF.

Maybe, but you need danger money to go to Melton shopping centre.

Probably a Dumb Question Amnesty question, but why do cards (and atms and EFTPOS etc) still have the option for cheque?
Can’t we get rid of that?

because boomers and gen x get apoplectic at anything changing

-edit- maybe we can say that “chq” is better for the environment? gone by eofy

no, because for some reason Westpac have decided that my account is a chq account (despite the fact i dont have any) and it won’t accept the savings option.

1 Like

some special bread of cromagnon still use cheque

a bank teller should be able to link the account to savings/credit depending on what it is.

I feel like that’s an argument for getting rid of the option, not against.

I know you can have cheques drawn out of a savings acct, too.

1 Like

apparently not, it is a hangover from the takeover of the Bank of Melbourne. I tried what you suggested.

oh yeah takeovers fk up so much in backoffices

1 Like

Yeah, they’re crusty old buggers…

1 Like

Some changes don’t make sense tho. One of my favourite bands is releasing stuff on digital download or tape. Cassette tape that is.

So I end up listing via Spotify, and they probably get nothing. (I buy their merch to make up the difference tho)

WTF am I supposed to do with a cassette these days?