What amuses you

8 Likes

fk that was funny

hundreds of comments over the preceding days explicitly stating that it was going to go bad and why, and yet they went ahead with it

1 Like

Woody Harrelson was peak

1 Like

Last time I heard SEN’s This Is Your Life segment, it was hosted by Peter Donegan and they were doing the likes of Simon Madden, Simon Beasley, Bernie Quinlan et al.

Today’s version… Clay Smith, hosted by Sam Edmund.

Permiership player… for sure. All-time great… hardly. Those 55 games though…

And the less said about Scattergun Sam, the better…

Would be nice if all the supporters & our mob turned up & threw bottle at the scums for a change…such an ■■■■■■■ fan base.

This could equally be in the “What annoys you” thread if you happen to be gluten intolerant… And no, I’m not…
Don’t tell me coeliacs and gluten intolerant don’t get completely anally-intruded with the price of things… $2.80 for the normal version, $5.50 for those lucky GF folks, for something which I’m sure tastes not dissimilar to the cardboard box it’s packed in…

1 Like

I love Shapes…mainly of the Savoury variety, and it annoys me rather when some stores have essentially stopped stocking this particular line. It’s a sign that we’re heading for End of Times and that the terrorists have won.

PS couldn’t give a toss about the coeliacs. If they can’t eat them, don’t buy them.

1 Like

I never understood how this works. The gluten is FREE!!! Why does it cost more if the gluten is FREE!??

Imagine buying a car that had a free engine, but it cost more, because the engine is free?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be because it has to be prepared separately from all of their main stock?
I feel like there has to be some cost there.

At more than double the cost per 100g (comparing both at full price)?

It may be part of the reason, but I suspect there is mark up being done because it can.

1 Like

These ones are Xbox flavoured or something. Best price per kg I’ve seen

1 Like

I mean i wondered the same thing when security stopped me taking those Range Eggs.

They said FREE dammit!

2 Likes

If you’ve played GTA V, this headline is very amusing

Missus was trying to ID a native ground orchid (now’s the time of year to look for them!) against photos in a plant book. She zoomed in (expanded) the photo on her phone so we could see the features clearer.

And then absent minded put two fingers on the photo on the book and tried to expand that pic, too….

7 Likes

There’s an ad on currently (somewhere on TV) where there’s a couple walking through the woods. One of them spies a bird, and wants to know what it is. So they grab their phone, zoom in on a placard sticking up in front of them with a picture of that bird, takes a snap and gets it identified. Because…they obviously can’t read the farkin placard…