What annoys you about Essendon

Yes. Yes it is because the players sure haven’t been

And achieve it!

1 Like

I was with a Geelong supporting friend watching the game on the weekend. I picked every red-time goal. “Just watch this…” bang. She was amazed, both by our pissweak pressure, and my being able to see into the near future.

Doesn’t make me happy I know my team well.

I think at this point it would be easier to write a list of things I like about Essendon at the moment.

1. Our jumper

End.

5 Likes

Is there any such thing as “Redtime” anymore?? Really?

If you know the origin of the term, then it’s the last 8 to 12 minutes of every qtr, but these days it just refers to the last 2 or 3.

They are really just Late Goals now with the advent of the countdown clock.

This really annoys me and we do it often. I get that it’s our first home game and we need to market stuff but after last week’s performance this sends the completely wrong message. The club should take into account abysmal performances and have a think about how it’s supporter base will react when such rubbish is posted after rubbish performances.

Play good footy first and the fans will bring passion.

3 Likes

Ok Mr. Pedantic Semantic.

Let’s just call it, “giving away pissweak goals in the last 2 minutes of the quarter”. Don’t suppose it’s much different to the rest of the game though.

1 Like

What have I ever done to you?

1 Like

Does the E-sports team win a cup? That’s the only silverware addition we expect in most of our lifetime.

1 Like

Nick Raptopoulos not getting elected to the board. That was annoying.

7 Likes

It’s the one of the first things I noticed when Knight’s took over; all our blokes on the mark starting raising their arms, doing a little clap etc, except of course Fletch who still imitated picking up a stone & chucking it at the kicker - not convinced that ever worked.

So Sheeds, at least in his last few years, wasn’t big on it either

Thats Mr Pedantic Semantic Atantic Romantic to you, … :wink:

(Any excuse to post a Models song, … )

1 Like

Ridiculous marketing/corporate w@nk speak from passive leaders within the place; among many things -

Such as EMBED UNIQUE EFC PHILOSOPHY

Been flogged to death, and is nothing but talk

7 Likes

The shirt is glorious.

The list of EFC stuff-ups over the last 20x odd years goes well over the page but the Raptopoulos non-election is near the top of the list. A bigger wasted opportunity than the 1999 campaign.

1 Like

Not winning the flag…every year.

2 Likes

LOL! It’s standard Essington bahaviour to kick to a 1 v 3 when the 1 is either Alwyn Davey or Walla presenting as the marking target.

1 Like

And there is the effective opposite of the red time goals as well. This appropriately happens at the start of most games: ie., come out firing, dominate possession, play like champions for 15 minutes, kick 1 goal 5, then proceed to play like pelicans for the rest of the game, or at least when the opposition is shown more capable of marking in the forward line and kicking straight. At this point, proceed to drop our bundle.

4 Likes

allowing sidebottom to be alone in the goalsquare EVERY anzac day for the last 10 years

20 Likes

Lack of any significant player development in both skill execution and decision making.
The fact that our most senior players seem to be the most inconsistent at both never ceases to amaze me.
It’s like every pre-season they have to be reprogrammed to learn how to play the game again.
Basically you have to be recruited in with those qualities because Essington have no idea how to improve on them.

4 Likes

And the players we bring in often go backwards.

1 Like

Zaharakis in 2011
Hurley in 2015
Merrett in 2016
Parish in 2016
Daniher in 2017
Fantasia in 2017

All had breakout years, and since then have never surpassed that form due to injuries, bad coaching decisions and lack of development. There are more, i’m just naming a few.

We just don’t seem to have the ability to improve players, the last player I can think of was Jobe. Every player on our list seems to stagnate, it’s a really weird cycle.

11 Likes