What annoys you?

News websites where 50% of the articles are just a rehash of what happened in some reality TV show.

Headlines:

“Women who used to be Kate Fischer is now really fat and a complete headcase. I mean, she went on this ridiculous show we’re cross promoting so…” accompanying unflattering photo.

“More news about same show, different person crying.”

“More news about same show, different person being an ■■■■■■■■.”

“Different reality show now. People being narcissistic.”

“Kardashians have wardrobe malfunctions accidentally on purpose.”

Adelaide Oval site has prices, does not specify size . According to ABC the second dearest in the country. A bit of outrage after the Guns n Roses concert adelaideoval.com.au

SA pint (425ml)
$8.90 for West End Draught, was $9.20 before Christmas but they dropped the price by 30c.
Spirits are $13.90

What’s a litre in Adelaide? 700 ml?

News websites where 50% of the articles are just a rehash of what happened in some reality TV show.

Headlines:

“Women who used to be Kate Fischer is now really fat and a complete headcase. I mean, she went on this ridiculous show we’re cross promoting so…” accompanying unflattering photo.

“X/Y has a new boy/girlfriend”

Who the ■■■■ cares? Seriously.

Headlines:

“X/Y has a new boy/girlfriend”

Who the ■■■■ cares? Seriously.

Then give it a while. “Ex tells all.”

Great. Dirty laundry about someone you don’t really care or know about who blurs the lines of the meaning of celebrity in the first place and it’s probably a load of bollocks anyway. That ■■■■ used to be confined to trash mags.

Anyone annoyed by the opinions of “idiots” more than what feels healthy?

Strongly recommend this read. Sweet perspective.

Anyone annoyed by the opinions of "idiots" more than what feels healthy?

Great article!

I used to enjoy watching the news, it was something i picked up off my old man, where dinner was always promptly at 6:00 and we sat down and ate while viewing/talking about things. It was short, sharp to the point and generally interesting even when they had the odd light hearted story and it was precision personified virtually working in order from local, international to sport, weather.

That all went out the window some time ago, but even more so when the nightly news stretched to an hour long.

Now it’s constant previews of what’s coming up in sport/weather, special interest stories which are really just paid ads and my personal fave viral video sensations. I mean they are not even trying and it ■■■■■ me no end.

Brian Naylor would be turning over in his grave you bastards. Take a good ■■■■■■■ hard look at yourselves. I can just feel the brain cells dying, if I want reality TV i will go out of my way to find it. Just give me the news with no BS.

It’s still as you remember on the ABC, … and the full half hour is all news.

Just have to shift dinner time to 7. :slight_smile:

I used to enjoy watching the news, it was something i picked up off my old man, where dinner was always promptly at 6:00 and we sat down and ate while viewing/talking about things. It was short, sharp to the point and generally interesting even when they had the odd light hearted story and it was precision personified virtually working in order from local, international to sport, weather.

That all went out the window some time ago, but even more so when the nightly news stretched to an hour long.

Now it’s constant previews of what’s coming up in sport/weather, special interest stories which are really just paid ads and my personal fave viral video sensations. I mean they are not even trying and it ■■■■■ me no end.

Brian Naylor would be turning over in his grave you bastards. Take a good ■■■■■■■ hard look at yourselves. I can just feel the brain cells dying, if I want reality TV i will go out of my way to find it. Just give me the news with no BS.

I lost faith with 7 and 9 news when they started editorialising every. single. news story.

It's still as you remember on the ABC, .. and the full half hour is all news.

Just have to shift dinner time to 7. :slight_smile:

Lol yeah, that’s probably why i never noticed it as much and the frustration has built up. I was watching ABC at 7 for awhile there.

But I get home bit earlier now and with little kids it’s better to eat earlier, clean up, muck around with them a bit and then get them ready for bed. That time is the only time we have them reasonably still & quite until much later in the evening.

I honestly get some news from here and the opinions/comments are actually much more insightful even when i don’t agree. Even watch a bit of the ABC 24 news channel on weekend mornings to catch up.

Yeah, sometimes I get home a bit late, and it would irk me a bit, despite ABC 24 having many 1/2 hour bulletins through the evening, because 7PM ABC Vic would of course deal with many Vic / Melbourne issues, that wouldn’t be reported in the National vers.

Once they got iView up & running, I emailed & rang them, asking why TF they didn’t have the state versions up for viewing? They said they intended to, and thankfully started probably 12 months ago. It’s good to have it on tap to watch at your leisure. If you were unaware, that’s the go.

#Somemodernthingsaregood

Anyone annoyed by the opinions of "idiots" more than what feels healthy?

And I’ll continue to think it’s a great article even if it turns out to be a hoax…

Breaking my little toe. It farking hurts to walk, and it ships me.

oh my

Podcasts are good for more in depth news and the ABC investing a lot, but its site is not easy to navigate if searching for a specific podcast - and sometimes they are up late . I thing Tracey Holmrs said no weekend work for the techs on that score.

Newsreader: Something something happened somewhere and here’s the details. Now here’s such and such on scene.
On scene: Says same thing with footage of them standing outside.
Newsreader: Thanks now to such and such live for the latest.
On scene 2: Same images again, same story said again, no real update to what was already said.

Repeat.

Newsreader: Something something happened somewhere and here’s the details. Now here’s such and such on scene.
On scene 2: Same images again, same story said again, no real update to what was already said.

Repeat.

And now, here’s an idiot in a helicopter, telling us how the freeway is farkin stacked like it always farkin is during peak hour.
After the break - a fluffy kitten.

Repeat.

And now, here’s an idiot in a helicopter, telling us how the freeway is farkin stacked like it always farkin is during peak hour.
After the break - a fluffy kitten.

With music, what’s new ■■■■■ cat?

Careful when you’re walking. It’s freight with danger.

Careful when you’re walking. It’s freight with danger.

Only if he hasn’t reached haul age yet.