What annoys you?

One of the offices I’ve worked in is directly opposite one of the ticket pay machines, the thing is the only gadget/machine/ANYTHING on the whole floor, it is COVERED with brightly coloured large font signs saying what it is and how to use it, but over 65s just cannot deal with it.

“Where’s the ticket machine, is it that thing there which is the only machine in sight?”
Nup. That’s not it.
"Where do I put the ticket in, is it where there’s the foot long arrow saying “start here” "
Nah.
“How much is it, is it $6 like it says in big font on be screen?”
Couldn’t be.

They CANNOT deal with there not being someone there to hold their hands.

Well. Maybe they shouldn’t be driving, I don’t know.
We start off needing a lot of help in this life, and wind up in a similar way. Nobody hangs ■■■■ on young kids though. Except Mrs Deck - who is not a young kid person.

Farken hell. Do you even realise what a prikk you seem with this?

I hope Karma visits you long & often when you get aged mate.

He can’t hear you. He’s too busy holding everyone up while he writes a farking text of no importance.

1 Like

Nah, maybe it’s just me, but am still laughing, coz I’ve helped a few with this, I am always happy to give a helping hand, perhaps Henry is just not a helping hand sort of guy or auditioning for when time comes, Grumpy Old Men. :grin:

No wonder they’re grumpy when they have to deal with some of the a-holes posting here.

2 Likes

I’ve just ruptured my thumb, changing channels every time one of those TAB ads where the bloke starts singing to Chris ■■■■■■■ Judd in a restaurant, and the other TAB ad where some baldy-headed tool starts singing to some dude when they’re stuck at traffic lights. Don’t know who the second dude is, but not a jury in the land would convict him of road rage if he pulled the tyre iron out of the boot and sconed the first dude.

3 Likes

When you are doing tne speed limit in a residential zone and some pr*ck decides to tailgate you. Look in the rear view mirror and he is throwing his hands up in exasperation. Fark off.

1 Like
  1. Can you fight?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, and you have a towbar, stand on the anchors.

1 Like

Serves you right for watching Commercial TV.

There are a myriad of options, and you are old enough & smart enough to know that and avoid them.

No sympathy, …

1 Like

These ads are on pay tv as well you know.

If it were one or two, this would not be a thing

Solid majority of oldies in this particular building are too pig headed or lazy to try and do something for themselves.

1 Like

On my family history I’ll be senile at 70, mobile til 85 and live til 95: won’t be my problem!!! Suckers :wink:

Which is why I don’t have pay TV.

Remember back when it was first sold to us by Unca Rupe??.. “NO AD"S” … “AD FREE” … he spouted, … two years after a shitload of suckers had signed up …

1 Like

I was watching the football and, while they don’t have ads during the game, make up for it when there’s a break.

Movies and lots of TV dramas don’t have any ads during them.

1 Like

Watching the footy on Seven is like watching it on Foxtel without your glasses on.

5 Likes

That’s why God .(Or Allah, … or Yahweh, etc) gave us remote controls, and mute and freeze buttons on them!!!

Get it together old man, … there’s no one else to blame …

Also …

Sharting. That annoys me …

1 Like

There was a button on a DVR I had that advanced by 30 seconds at a time.

That was a civilised way to avoid ads.

And why do you reckon I ruptured my thumb? Getting to the FF button quickly.

1 Like

Speaking of lasting forever, my Grandmere turned 100 late last year and Mrs diggers’ Gandmother will be turning 100 in a couple of weeks. Grandmere fell last year and banged her head which has left her with a compromised memory by Mrs diggers’ Grandmother is fully compos. She can remember with great detail what life was like being bombed by Nazis in WWII.

6 Likes