What annoys you?

Not really related, but does anyone know why your Elsternwick types are so mad for scooters? I drive through there a bit for work, I see many a forelock blowin’ in the breeze, but always on big wheeled scooters - never razor type scooters, only rarely pushbikes.

No sense of responsibility whatsoever and actually seems to be proud of his achievements. Not that I see much of him, thankfully. Needs his nads cut off.

1 Like

Worst drivers I have seen in my time in 20+ countries and 4 continents are WA drivers. They are not bad dangerous but bad annoying and incompetent.

They love to drive 10 kmh under the speed limit.

They love to come out from a side street or their driveway, cutting you off, then driving at 10 kmh under the speed limit.

Oddly, if you are behind them, when they have to stop at a stop sign, they will wait to give way to cars that are >500m away. They can only take one shot of adrenaline for the day.

They come to a roundabout and … stop.

They frankly admit they don’t know how to merge on freeways.

They turn left from the right hand lane, slowing to a near stop despite all the traffic on the highway behind them. Because they learnt how to drive using a tractor.

And these are their better features.

I call them “precision drivers” in the same way that John Howard was called Honest John.

3 Likes

calder fwy every ■■■■■■■ day, all times.

80 zone lets do 90, 100 zone lets do 90.

■■■■ OFF

1 Like

Ever driven in Geelong?

Yeah…no comparison to Caulfield. Caulfield stands alone on the podium with Box Hill on silver. Geelong is just about to enter the stadium.

On pedestrian crossing with green light, car moves forward, I tap on bonnet letting them know. Driver winds down window, I am about to graciously accept apology, but am told” I didn’t see you, you psycho”

1 Like

So it should actually be ‘big’ Allan?

1 Like
3 Likes

I miss bob shearman.

Oh, so should have tapped harder? Will remember that for next time.

1 Like

Hospital food is disgusting. Just ordered Thai food from the local restaurant to tide me over.

4 Likes

Private usually better than public, speaking from experience. Once, when in public for an extended time, was chipped for
being underweight. . I said what else can you expect when I don’t have access to a cafeteria that you do. Had to be given anti-nausea pills to take when I lifted the lid off the hot dish. Sandwiches were the best choice.
And as for the coffee Public or private just as bad, unless they let you bring in your own gear and provide hot water.

I’m in private. God help those in public then. I walked 20 mins across the road to a cafe 4 days after spinal surgery for decent food.

If you have access to a microwave ( ask the staff nicely) get someone to bring you in those frozen lean cusine type meals. .or Lite and Easy ( will deliver) and supermarkets will deliver. Not great, but beats the hospital menu.

1 Like

When wife was in hospital after having one of the kids. You could order a beer. And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer.

4 Likes

Thankfully I am home tomorrow. My mum, who is Maltese, is coming up from Melbourne and promised to cook my favorite foods!

7 Likes

Pastizzi?

That’s the only Maltese food I know.

Do Maltesers count?

3 Likes

Your road to full recovery will be much better now, with your mum coming.

Eat, take it easy and enjoy.

2 Likes

It’s quite bizarre, really.
I understand that salt and fat needs to be low, as well as a few other criteria. But ffs - it’s not that hard to make a simple tasty and healthy meal. Actually, I don’t think I could make a meal as absolutely ■■■■■■ as the ones you get in hospital. It really is unbelievable.

1 Like