What annoys you?

Same. Childcare is more expensive than my mortgage. More expensive than school.

And it’s not like the workers are seeing much of this money either.

3 Likes

We’ve accidentally timed our children well and will only have 6 months of 2 kids in childcare before we have one in school. We love our childcare but it’s $146 a day.

1 Like

Wow.

Tell me again how Labor is still the party of working people?

3 Likes

Labor Policy is to increase childcare subsidy. Not a policy I like or agree with.

Hit a nerve huh.

4 Likes

Whatever works for you.

2 Likes

Old people hate paying for children. Incredible

3 Likes

Back in my day, if kids got too expensive we just put them in a cradle and let them go in the river.

14 Likes

I work from home, what ■■■■■■ me off is the dogshit internet service that we have in Australia. Having worked around the world this is by far the most bullshit internet i have used. Still having to use ADSL when i live 5km from the CBD is a joke. Hurry up with 5G.

4 Likes

On the childcare issue, if it is that expensive surely you just stop work and look after the kids?

My wife and i made the decision that she wouldn’t work until he goes to primary school.

2 Likes

Not at all Mr Barnz. What annoyed me was people whinging about it.

Us older folk already subsidise child care with our taxes, and Mrs Fox and I kick in for our Grandkids. I do understand that both parents may need or want to work, so they need to farm out the kids, but why complain when it is your own choice.

Neighbours across the road from us own a local child care centre. They may make lots of money, but it doesn’t show up in their lifestyle. I know they both work from 6 am to 8 pm, and seem to work very hard.

And while I am having another rant, I live next door to a primary school that runs pre-school and after school care. They open at 6 am and close about 7 pm. I am also part of a local program they provides breakfast for children at our primary school every day of the week and two days a week at the high school. Many kids get no food all day otherwise.

I have no solutions, but our society is heading in the wrong direction if parenting if left to others.

so using your logic, if you dont like seeing people whinge about childcare, dont come on the thread? am i doing it right?

2 Likes

Look at you with your water. In my day we threw them in with the fish guts.

2 Likes

I subsidise a water desalinisation plant.
At least child care actually, you know, does something.

And also, really?
If it’s $140 per day then is it being subsidised, or being bureaucratised and actually a source of tax itself?

2 Likes

I was very lucky when my children were young that my Mum lived in my backyard and was able to step in before and after school when needed.

Haven’t had any personal experience with child care but I recently had the pleasure of meeting a delightful little Miss who’s Mum and Dad both work so I presume is in childcare at least part of the time. If she’s any example then I’ve no complaints.

2 Likes

I feel a bit sorry for your mum having to live in your backyard. Did you give her a tent at least? Poor woman.

5 Likes

She had her choice of trees … some of them even bore fruit. :wink:

1 Like

How do you propose people support their children then and not go to work?

I personally never went to crèche (as we used to call it), as my grandparents looked after us. Saved my mum a lot of money, and both my parents were able to earn a full time wage. There are however, few and far between who have this as a luxury. Should we all just stop breeding then?

2 Likes

I have a massive issue with parents that don’t work and have multiple kids, solely relying on government handouts. ■■■■■■ me off no end.

For a childcare subsidy sure no worries, but as with most things in Australia its over policed and over regulated to the point that it doesn’t work at all for anyone.

Our entire welfare system is broken, and i include childcare subsidies in this. We are fortunate my wife doesn’t have to work, i understand others are not as fortunate to have the choice.

We did however make an informed and responsible decision to have a kid, knowing what we had to do to make ends meet, not have multiple and leave it up to others to support us.

2 Likes