What annoys you?

Tracey recommends the ABC Listen app as the easiest access for her program… Her tweets - and tweets to her - have expressed frustration at access.

Turning left onto Maroondah Highway/Whitehorse Road from Rooks Road is always a bit of a nightmare during traffic. Doesn’t help when a BMW carnt cuts in by taking up the keep clear space which everyone else obeys. Carnt.

2 Likes

When Your parents would rather Christmas Shop over spending time with their Grandchildren and son and daughter-in-law whom they havent seen in 10months (the last time was when their second grand child was born).

All the advertisements during the cricket, particularly KFC, Bendigo Bank, XXXX and any betting companies.

Have you asked them why ?

Conspiracy theorists.

I’m sure some theories might have some legitimacy to them but there’s a genuine arrogance to some of folks who are adamant. It’s a “How could you be so blind to the truth! I know something you don’t know” type hubris. Some of them are on a par with your more hardcore religious zealot.

1 Like

Optus, yet again.

You just haven’t done the research man. If you’d done the research I’ve done you’d understand.

Haha, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard that one

Sounds like this place for the last four years…

6 Likes

Instead of Alex jones YouTube videos its Bruce Francis letters.

1 Like

Discovering afterwards that your online purchase from a local supplier is in fact shipped from the USA and is no guarantee of getting here by Xmas or indeed by the end of 2017 and to then have my displeasure compounded by a condescending response from the supplier which included the usual hollow platitudes finished off with advice to keep an eye on their tracking feature as it’s very good.

I’ve heard that an effective way to deal with them is to trump them.
eg:
“The moon landing was fake.”
“Pfft. You believe in the moon?”

2 Likes

The one I prefer is “I’m sorry, but you’re just too stupid for me to talk to you”, shake your head and walk away.

I’m sure there are aspects of the JFK assassination which have been covered up, and aspects of 9/11 that weren’t 100% as per the official version, but when the conspiracy theorists start looking for conspiracies behind every event.

Have you ever wondered whether…all these conspiracy theorists are there for a reason? I mean, is it a coincidence that every sensitive subject is plagued with conspiracies? Don’t you think it rather convenient how the water is constantly muddied, and conspiracy theorists advertently recruit crazies who by their very nature, help confuse, dilute and eventually render these subjects ludicrous?

When you stare into a rabbit hole, sometimes a rabbit stares back at you.

3 Likes

Yep. Said they had Christmas shopping to do that they forgot to do.

Well Billy, let’s hope they are buying really good gifts for you and the grand kids.

Overheard a discussion of some parents complaining about the cost of child care. Maybe just, maybe they should have thought about it more before they had children.

1 Like

Give it a rest mate.

3 Likes

Ours went up almost 30% in 4 years.

Hardly something I would monitor in the years leading up to having kids either.

2 Likes