What annoys you?

And insurers.

the logies

1 Like

Farked if I know… I never did it and left teaching altogether

Shops that basically have a sale every week. If it’s on sale all the time just leave the prices down!

2 Likes

Yep. As a teacher we are not allowed to use anything but a step ladder because of stupidity and the ‘Blame the school/Tools/whoever is nearby’ mentality.’ Rather than ‘Maybe we shouldn’t climb up there without support’.

Or better yet, don’t kick balls next to the buildings?

I just tell my students, if you kick the ball next to a building, what do you expect to happen?

Parents allowing kids to have accounts for instagram, snapchat, musicly etc and then complaining to me when I get them shut down because they are underage.

1 Like

or when you do nothing to stop the kids from bullying each other on said social.

Just parents in general.

2 Likes

Tile shop in Dynon Rd had large sale signs up in the windows for 20 years.

1 Like

the safeway/coles special.

NEW LOW PRICE (in big pink/yellow stickers) lift it up see its the same price as before.

1 Like

It’s a flawed system because we get blamed for not doing anything about the bullying but yet it’s something that they allowed to happen at home by letting them sign up to these things in the first place.

Dont get me started on violent videogames like Fortnite and CoD.

you mean the thing idiots blame because a kids bullied by people?

Lighting shop next to me had a closing down sale for 2 years. That was 6 years ago.

They’re still open!

1 Like

There are an alarming number of people that have no idea how to use a ladder safely (youtube ladder fails if you have time to kill. Hilarious stuff).

But yeah a whole day is a bit much.

1 Like

FFS, when I was at school the kids used to climb on the roof themselves!

4 Likes

get someone to distract the teacher.

try and get up and down before they cotton on.

2 Likes

I’ve worked on orthopaedic wards at 2 different hospitals. Ladder injuries and common and often severe. You don’t want to be the school where a teacher/student seriously injures themselves.

The question I have to ask, … is, how does a School have Maintenance staff, … that aren’t, … “Ladder Compliant/Qualified”?? :thinking:

1 Like

Spending half a day preparing for 3 days sailing and forgetting to go wide on a corner on the way to the ramp. Ripped the fkn axles off my trailer :frowning:
Ouch. Hope the insurer treats me well
Guess I’m watching footy tomorrow now after all
I’m annoyed, but some drinks are helping

2 Likes

Start of the high school year for my daughter, I had to sit in the orientation and hear the school extol their virtues about how they are at the forefront of preventing and stopping bullying in all forms. Physical, mental, online, it just wont be tolerated and they will be leading the charge to put an end to it.

When they’re confronted with any reports of bullying (not my kids), they simply put up the "Yeh, there really isn’t much we can do about it’. Then when something bad happens ‘We’re outraged!!!’

It’s such a load of trash.

2 Likes