What annoys you?

It is even worse than that Big Al. Local Shire Council donated land it owned to school to build off-street pickup and drop off area. Parents don’t use it in the morning as their precious kids have to walk 50 metres across the school yard to class-rooms and at night, even though school ends at 3:30, some parent park there from 2 pm and have a long line out on the street and down the road.

Some of these parents live within 500 metres of the school.

4 Likes

‘please think of the children’

while i yell at my kids in the back seat doing 60 in the school zone.

1 Like

Whilst on Facebook.

This. Back in the day you walked or rode your bike 20mins.

Now parents drive their kids rather than let them ride or walk. Our school is zoned to just our estate and they still drive over letting them exercise.

1 Like

We’re about that far from the school. It was one of the main factors in our purchase. I couldn’t stand having to do drop offs by car every day - would cost me up to an hour a day as I take a motorbike to work.

Yep. My kids will ride their bikes to school on their own soon. Its 2.3 kms and fairly straightforward. I’m thinking when the eldest is 8-9 years old.

My son’s friend kicked his soccer ball on top of one of the schools buildings.

Now to get it down the school reckons they need a permit to get someone to use a ladder to climb up. I’m tempted to just go up myself as it’s a easy climb.

Surely we don’t need permits to get a ball off a roof.

2 Likes

Better that they talk about food than football.

Sneak up and get it in the middle of the night.
I’m sure no harm could come from that.

Do it.
Fark the establishment.

1 Like

This is true. I used to be a teacher and you needed a ‘ladder licence’.

It was a whole day course to get the licence, or half a day for a ‘step ladder’.

Another example of the world going mad

1 Like

What are they going to do?
Get a ladder, get the ball, get any others, wave to the kids and drop the mic.

2 Likes

Bruce
Now that you yellow maggots have 1 less on the field can you clowns try and call a fair game?

Catch a cold?

Dance Boss WTF else can they come up with?

2 Likes

I’ve taught it, … and you might be surprised how many people don’t have a clue how to use one.

A new study looks at the radical increase of DIY-related injuries.
By Signe Dean

25 Oct 2016 - 5:31 PM UPDATED 25 Oct 2016 - 5:32 PM

Taking inspiration from a home renovations telly show and attempting a DIY gutter fix or hedge trim is landing many of us in the hospital.

A fresh review of medical data has shown that each year roughly 5,000 people are hospitalised for injuries acquired after falling off a ladder - and the trend is on the rise. The study was published this week in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health.

Statistics Concerning Ladder Dangers

• According to the World Health Organization, the United States leads the world in ladder deaths. Each year, there are more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders.

• Most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less.
    Falls from ladders are the leading cause of deaths on construction sites.

• Over the past decade, the number of people who have died from falls from ladders has tripled.

In many ways the human race has made astounding progress.

This is not one of those cases.

4 Likes

What the ■■■■ do they teach for a whole day??? It’s a ladder!

3 Likes

Blame the lawyers.

Just a quick extra…the school sent a nice bunch of flowers and an apology card to my wife for what she went through.
Nice touch I reckon.

16 Likes