What annoys you?

this from a bloke with an eye-patch. I take it they didn’t recognise you either.

5 Likes

It took us a while to get to know each other, unfortunately.

1 Like

Nor have I, so there might be something to your theory.

1 Like

Just as well it didn’t have a hand grenade.

1 Like

I too have never been swooped. But I’m drop-dead gorgeous, so there goes that theory.

1 Like

Arh, not quite correct CB, but I feel your pain. It is not the fluero flag wavers that make it a requirement to stop it is the actual flags. If the flags aren’t out you don’t have to stop and not all school crossings have the lollypop people in attendance.

And very interestingly, studies show that they transfer memories to their young…

Ah, OK, I’ll take that. However, where I get around there aren’t flags without people to wave them - might be different elsewhere

We have a MASSIVE shared kitchen at work - it has 4 F&P Double Drawer dishwashers (8 places to load up).

Yet some wankers leave their dishes, cups or cutlery in the sink for someone else to load.

EAD!

2 Likes

It’s probably the thing I most hate about others, selfishness and that lack of awareness about how their actions could impact upon other people.

5 Likes

Cockies are pretty smart ■■■■■■■, very social and quite long lived. Can learn words.

Sulphur crested’s are Noisy barstards.

Wish I had a dollar for every one of them I’ve heard at 5am with a killer hangover while Fishing/Camping the East Gippy Rivers.

Swooping magpies is big locally and this time of year walking in any park and riding a bike is an issue. We have had a family of Magpies in our backyard for many years, without any angst, but this year we gave been swooped a few times.

Our large dog decided enough was enough and stood in the middle of the yard and as the maggie dived, grabbed it out of the air, crunched it and spat it out on the grass.

I disposed of it thoughtfully.

What about plovers?

They are everywhere in port fairy and worse than magpies.

Plovers are courteous tho. They deploy a Stuka like screech as they descend.

Death from above!

since no one has bothered to ask, the eye is still sore, but a little bit better

thanks for the concern

5 Likes

Figured you would have put a patch on the Doe avatar if it was serious.

5 Likes

mmm… ok… fair enough

2 Likes

Update: He’s now blaming the cleaners. When asked if they will be replaced he said ‘no they clean good’. So they are just lolly thieves, nothing else stolen…

2 Likes

Got swooped three times by a ■■■■■■■ magpie riding home from work last week. It’s weird when something clips your helmet out of the blue. I could then see him out the corner of my eye and he came in and hovered a couple more times, clearly trying to figure out how to get under my helmet. Farker…

Still, they are nothing compared to these guys…

Noisy Miners - they are most aggressive bastards of all. At my last job there was a row of spruce trees outside the front door (in which they nested). This time of year was an absolute no-go - you couldn’t get a foot outside the door without being divebombed several times over.

2 Likes