What annoys you?

Yuck. No wonder there is hardly any sleepovers happening.

Yep, you never stop being a Parent.

1 Like

People who sell electronics but don’t know about electronics.

2 Likes

Those bait lines nabbed 6 tiger (innocent IMO) sharks from memory & zero bull sharks.

Anyone who knows anything about sharks in Qld knows the sharks responsible for these attacks in Cid Harbour are bull sharks. Murky water, swimming at dusk or dawn, that’s the bull sharks favourite eating time & place.

Those bait lines achieved absolute zip in dealing with the shark or sharks responsible.

Here is an idea

Dont swim in those waters if you dont want to become food

1 Like

As The Big Yin so eloquently put it…you’re in their house.

3 Likes

You could run around ducking and hiding through the offices like Keanu reeves in the matrix.

That would be brill.

The drum lines were removed after 1 week so weren’t in use in the lead up to the fatal attack.

Completely agree on pollies using tragedies for point scoring though. Both major parties and all the flotilla of crap that pick the scraps from their wake are all as bad as each other. They should all be punted and we start afresh.

I honestly think that Bosses and those in a leadership role forget what it was like being on the front line. We have events such full days of professional development where some bloke/lady comes in or do days where we are expected to pull up to 4 hours unpaid overtime (8am - 7pm). The bosses use to provide lunch (dinner on the days we stayed back to 7pm) and now expect us to put snacks on out of our own money for these people who come in yet they have 6 figure income.

It’s always cringeworthy when we have the recognition board. We all sit in the morning meeting where they read 3 people off the recognition board and we are expected to applaud. Now half the people actually put their colleagues on because you don’t actually get anything out of it and most that were up there, it was for usually recorded: “[insert name here] For support”

Drumlines are there to reduce population, which I guess they do to some extent, but they’re not the saviour some think they are. As with all animals, remove a predator from an area and another will move in.

I anchored in Cid harbour a year ago and for all the spots in those islands it wasn’t a place I felt like swimming. Too murky and open for my liking.

Anyway, yeah, my gripe was really about the opportunistic ignorant pollie.

The whole idea of win-win annoys me. It’s just another marketing ploy to distract us from the reality that we’re getting screwed over twice.
Consider the case of my junk. As each day passes my junk dangles that little bit closer to ground zero; but when I drop something and try to pick it up, some farker has clearly lowered the ground by an extra metre.

I fail to see any upside whatsoever.

9 Likes

I don’t know if it classified as the same thing but an organisation I’ve been banging on about for the last three years spends 80 k on a retainer for a woman to come in and professionals life coach.

Directors only. They didn’t tell us a thing about the content and then they harp on about employees in “silos” which was supposed to represent poor communication within the ranks.

I could go on. I’ll challenge anyone to exemplify aspects of the most toxic work place you’ve ever worked at. Except for people that compound toxic matter in a lab or factory. Unless it was undertaken in a toxic environment.

PLEASE ADOPT ME.

1 Like

The only way to break down “silos” is with “fishbowls”. Or something.

Uuugggghhh briefcase wankers.

3 Likes

Butchers paper, 4 squares, write something down… nope I still hate work

1 Like

Every time someone menations silos I keep thinking of when we were all brought in front of the operations manager (being an accountant I’m not sure why I was involved but anyway)
He used to always be one of the boys until the new HR ■■■■■ came along and started telling him to be more of a boss, more will get done, they’ll respond better and blah blah blah, usual HR bullshit. Anyway, he started becoming a c&%@, leaning more towards them, not realising they we’re just using him as a puppet because he wasn’t that bright. At the end of the day, he was still blue collar like a lot of the workers, just too dense to realise it.

So he started talking about “silos” and all that, you could tell it was staged by the HR b!Tich. He then wrote it on the board as “siloes” and I yelled out “mate, you can’t even spell it right”

The talk ended quickly after that

2 Likes

You lucky ■■■■, you got to write something.

Only do drawings at my workplace. Just conceptualise how you’re feeling through pictures.

1 Like

Either way, I can’t recall a good and worthwhile strategy meeting. They are all the same, they bring in the moderator and you have those group exercises to nut out a “problem or to make things better” and each group then says what they have come up with and by the third group there is nothing new to say but they will say it anyway to show they are just as switched on and the moderator writes it all down and there is a big long list of stuff and you know none of it is really going to be followed up so we’ll just go back to doing what we were doing.*

And there is typically the one person who is always the one who gets roped in to take the notes. I hate it if it’s me since my handwriting is embarrassingly atrocious. They typically start with an awkward silence where no one says anything because the question is going to take more than 10 minutes to sort out or it is so unimportant you are only going to pretend to say stuff. Otherwise you go on a massive tangent and don’t discuss the question at all until the last minute when the moderator says “please wrap your discussions up”.
……
……

*long sentence

2 Likes

people who change their avatar pictures regularly

1 Like