What annoys you?

Ok, that’s you covered.
How do you think everyone else will behave?

9 Likes

Liberal Party?

Touche

1 Like

Some of us don’t need to announce how proper we are, to everyone, on a public forum.

2 Likes

I work from home and live alone so should be fine

5 Likes

Family businesses are the worst

1 Like

Xmas shopping - wandered around Target for a good 90 mins looking for gifts before I decided fark that ■■■■ everybody is getting vouchers like every other year.

9 Likes

I did all my shopping online. Fark going into shops at Christmas time.

4 Likes

Give us the address, Gate Crash time !

One thing thats really p*ssing me off at the moment about Christmas.
I’m an Athesist. My son’s mother is an Atheist.
We have made the decision to not celebrate Christmas, other than spending time with people who do celebrate it.

His whole life we have told him that Santa Claus isn’t real. We told him that Santa is a fictional character like Peppa Pig. But other kids do think he’s real, so he needs to respect that.

His child care workers have convinced him that Santa Claus is real, and he will be leaving him presents.

Now I grew up with the whole Santa thing, and i thought it was abit of fun at the time. But I’m not comfortable with my child believing it’s ok for strange men to breaking into houses, giving presents to children.

It’s not just Childcare, but it’s random people at the shops, it’s family friends, etc.

I can only imagine how challenging it must be for newly arrived families, trying to hold onto their culture and beliefs… when the social environment is responsible for so much of our behaviours and our children’s learning.

I’m an atheist, and LMW has been an atheist since at least before she was supposed to have her first confession (seven? eight?) and we had a very awkward and, on her part, brave conversation.

But I can’t see the correlation with the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and Father Christmas.

I had to tell her in the summer before high school because she still believed, and I couldn’t have her going through that embarrassment.
Very naive in a lot of ways.
Not in others.

I’m not judging, but I don’t understand why you would choose to do it that way.

4 Likes

No probs - tell him Santa is a woman. A lesbian woman. She’ll be right then, ay?

5 Likes

Well the simple fact that I don’t want to straight up lie about it.

But our strong belief that: a strange man that breaks into your house while you sleep, and gives children presents… is normalising grooming behaviour for Children.

“Kids don’t take presents or lollies from strangers. Except the bloke that breaks into your house and watches you while you sleep, and knows when your naughty”

Creepy as f*ck.

What a load of farkin bollocks you talk ffs.

16 Likes

Pc gone mad smh

2 Likes

Great discussion

You wanna know what’s creepy?
It’s creepy that by far and away the people who molest kids are relatives.
Happy Christmas.

3 Likes

It’s an interesting point of view, especially as you yourself enjoyed Christmas as a child. It’s never been a religious celebration in our family, just a chance to get together and have fun. It’s joyful, as a parent, watching your little one enjoy Christmas morning.

Do you also intend on boycotting Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Fairytales?

I hate to break it to you, but the majority of sexual assaults on children are committed by someone they know… well.

Seems odd and extreme tbh.

5 Likes

Anyway I moved away from my point.

We made the decision regarding Christmas, which was an ethical one. You don’t need to agree, as everyone parents their own way with their own beliefs.

But the point is that it’s very challenging in the current education system, when others are wanting your child to believe something which you don’t. As it’s something we don’t want in our house.

But tough bickies, right? Christianity has its way.

You can raise your kid how you want.
But when you choose to be an absolute outlier, and you have, you don’t get to bitcj about the 999 not considering the one.
You must have known this would be an issue when you made that decision.
Well, there it is.
You need to deal with it.
Not the 999 other people.

10 Likes