What annoys you?

Sometimes the signs get left out because people have been hit while retrieving and putting them back out again. It’s safer for the workers to leave them there. Problem is, people then tend to ignore them because they see too many empty sites.

1 Like

That’s exactly right. People may decide to go full speed ahead regardless. Some poor ■■■■ will get cleaned up one day.

So…in this scenario, they forget to take their ute with flashing lights to retrieve the signs?

No, it just increases their ‘exposure’ to idiot drivers

Background music during tv shows. Trying to watch and listen to the Ambo show last night and i can barely hear the conversations while the music is blaring behind their voices. Especially the female voices ,which are softer. The music sometimes gets too overwhelming when you have tinnitus .
Even in promos for shows like Sunday Night or 60 Minutes they do it alot and quite often there is either eerie music or the one loud piano note playing in the background. Very annoying .
So listen here ,kids. When you are young ,you will listen to VERY loud music all the time and enjoy it ,but your ears will pay for it when you get older !!!

5 Likes

Don’t have tinnitus but Fark I have trouble filtering out speech from background noise. Clubs were always a pain in the ■■■■ to me and these days it seems to be cafes or someone trying to talk to me from the next room while they’ve left the TV on in the room I’m still in.

5 Likes

kids xmas photos with santa

1 Like

Virtue signalling - seems to have been occurring a lot in this forum the last couple of weeks.

Weather reports. I got no idea on why they need the 2-3 minute speiel of what the weather was today, as in at 9 am the weather was y, then at midday it cooled to y, leaving a mild temperature of z for the late afternoon.

What purpose does it serve? That weather has come and gone. Who cares what it was?

1 Like

What about when they do the Tattslotto numbers…probably only one person who cares FFS, and they’re probably already on a plain to Hawaii

If you feel like a laugh, look up Lewis Black’s bit on weather reports.

I’m obsessed with the weather. I frequently do look up what it has been.

Why?

Dont know. My whole families obsessed. I open the BOM app multiple times a day :smile:

Awful when the radar goes down and you have to use the substitute!

2 Likes

So I’ve come up with a basic premises of how the Work Christmas party goes:

Step 1) Spend the whole week leading up to the Christmas party, hyping up the Christmas party.

Step 2) Spend the whole Christmas party talking about work.

Step 3) Spend the whole week after the Christmas party talking about the one guy that got too drunk at the Christmas party.

It never fails.

6 Likes

Step 4

2 Likes

You would be an awesome conversation starter.

I however deliberately avoid starting with the weather. I will talk about native plants nearby, done up houses, the behaviour and lack of manners if young people or p0I?n

I like to think I’m above doing that

5 Likes

My work Christmas party is going to be disgraceful. Excess drinking, abusive language, nudity, the lot.

1 Like