What annoys you?

Well as long as I’m not disrespecting the tradition of Coca-Cola then I guess it’s okay.

I think the question needs to be asked, how much of all that really matters, as against the tradition at this time and in this place.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind either way, live and let live.

Everyone, (Jono included) has every right to choose whether they do or not, for whatever reason they see fit.

I do Festivus myself. :smile:

2 Likes

I think Krampus is my favourite… marries well with my old cynical self :joy:

1 Like

We call Krampus ScuMo now, … :smirk:

1 Like

Fark me. It’s just a bit of fun for kids.
Stop reading all these adult dilemmas into it and have a bit of fun.
It’s not gonna hurt them
There’s plenty of time left for kids to get bogged down in all the serious ■■■■ later

17 Likes

First world problem hey?

Tell you what’s annoying thoug?

Me. every time I use the microwave. On principle I refuse to cover whatever I’m hearing, but I stand by and wait for the first sounds of splatter.

Invariable i either get bored or I forget and walk away, oybto come back to a microwave that takes longer to clean than it would’ve taken to cover the dish.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl:

On what principle?

1 Like

It’s extra work!!!

Plus if I use an upturned plate it’s 100% plates to wash than if I don’t.

How’s that working for ya :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been doing something similar with rice. Simmer on stove for 15 minutes, turn stove off and let rest for 5mins. Only problem is I forget the middle bit - to turn stove off. The amount of abuse I copped a couple of days ago from myself for doing this when I specifically told myself at the beginning to not forget to turn the stove off like the last couple of times must have had my neighbour close to calling the police.

2 Likes

Neighbours calling the cops on your self abuse? That’s a pretty wild session.

Trust me it was a good ten minutes of abuse and she probably hought there was someone else in my unit. Last time I dropped a kitchen knife and chipped the kitchen tile, she asked me the next day what was with all the yelling. :):grin:

Go to the salvos with 10 bucks. You’ll get change

Let’s just say the domestic partner is not thrilled with my strategy.

2 Likes

I used to do this too. Pain in the ■■■■ having to clean the microwave most times.

Now I use a piece of paper towel on top of the plate/ bowl.

Paper towel goes in the bin and I can enjoy what I’ve heated without thinking s h I t I have to clean the microwave again.

3 Likes

You’ll also never get invited to Christmas again

Try …boiling…an egg in it :wink:

Funny story there.

GF’s smartarse younger bro,… couldn’t tell him anything, . sticks an Egg in the MW, and I’m sayin’ Mate, that’ll explode on ya, … “No it won’t, it’ll be right” … “I’m tellin ya dude, I just saw this on something the other month”, … “I know what I’m doin’”

So ,… bell dings, it hasn’t gone off, … looks at me with a big shitt eating Grin, …“Seee I told you It’d be right”, … as he removes the plate with Egg on and proceeds to the bench, … "I fkn told y … BOOM!!!

All over his face and the Kitchen, screaming his head off, … .Fark I laughed.

Took a while to recover from pissinn myself, before we could run him down to he clinic to treat his second degree facial burns.

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving little prick. He was way less of a smartarse after that.

4 Likes

Bit of water in the bottom, 3-4 minutes on high

1 Like

Poached?

Or soft/hard boiled in the shell?