What annoys you?

Reach around your audience?

Realistically 90% of jobs go through either a generic HR person or (worse) a generic HR consultant before getting through to anyone who knows anything about the job.

This is the language they speak.

Which is why I handle this personally.

Would be interesting to read the add they’re applying to

1 Like

Indeed.
I hope the KSC don’t have any three syllable words.

Honestly - it would make no difference. The vast majority of these applications are generic rubbish that makes little sense and has no relevance to the job - which makes it easy, because I don’t really need lazy people working for me.

I had three standard letters prepared that I would modify according to the add…they were … wanker… wanna be …and would like to work for this person :rofl:

I tailor made both resume and cover letters -
would take a good few hours. Waste of time as most people would just look at resume and not bother checking the cover letter. So I scrapped spending too much time on the cover letter and incorporate in the resume what I would usually put in the cover letter.

Don’t ask for a cover letter, you are generally going to get nonsense in them.

Just ask for a cv and you can assess as you please.

1 Like

what’s the job?

I’ll link you to the ad - confidentially :slight_smile:

I work the opposite way - I skim through a resume briefly. I’m only interested in the cover letter, and some specific details in the resume. After that, it will be a phone call, followed by a potential face-to-face.

2 Likes

Agree. Read cover letter and go to CV for more insight.

they’d suit the employer tho…

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.