What did you order in your lunch order? - Throwback Thursday

This was a bit hard to do in a poll given every school will have it's own menu but i've simply used a google search and came up with these as the most common.

6 nuggets, frangles, egg flip big m

Pie, Apple Slice, Strawberry Big M.

meat pie

3 dim sims

choc big M

Don't think it's a good idea put your spag bol in a paper bag.

Big M's are toxic. Guaranteed.

Ingredients

Skim Milk, Milk, Sugar, Emulsifier (471), Flavour, Natural Colour (120).

6 Nuggets and chocolate Big M. We never had to buy our paper bags though they were supplied. And mum only let me do lunch order on a Friday.

And during Summer for play lunch I'd get a lemonade icy pole that was a shark's head. I can't remember what it was called now.

Sausage roll. And only if it was golden bakery I think the brand was called. Else I was however many potato cakes I could get with the sausage roll money.

Only ordered this in primary school really, mum would only let me on a Friday too:

- 2 party pies

- 2 mini sausage rolls

- 6 rice cookies (just 5c each)

- 1 chomp bar

- Juice

In high school just helped myself. Pizza pockets & chicken snitzel rolls always went down a treat.  But without fail most days whether buying lunch or not i got:

- 1 iced coffee Big M

- 1 packet of burger rings

- 1 choc jam donut with sprinkles

HOT POCKETS AND POWERADE #LUNCHOFCHAMPIONS

The tin foil lasange and spag bol was amazing and I still crave it 11 years laters. So it was either of those, plus a lemon lime mineral water, which let's face it, was soft drink. I'm sure it sounded healthy to them at the time though.

There were also these frozen milk push pop type ice-poles. If any one can tell be what they were called I will give you a cookie. They had a blue flavour and a green one, as well as the normal flavours.

What were those sausage wrapped in puff pastry and stufffed with cheese/tomato sauce things? they were awesome

Those and cheesies 

Gumbo and a Dr Pepper at the Cajun Kitchen in Elizabeth St.

Liberally laced with cayenne.

The gumbo had chicken, shrimp and chorizo/salami/andouille.

Slice of ham and pineapple pizza, a juice box and a chocolate donut

Pie, sauce. Always too hot, and half the meat fell out onto the ground while you tried to eat it. They didn't make great pies where I grew up, structurally I mean. Great days. 

6 Nuggets and chocolate Big M. We never had to buy our paper bags though they were supplied. And mum only let me do lunch order on a Friday.

And during Summer for play lunch I'd get a lemonade icy pole that was a shark's head. I can't remember what it was called now.

Streets "Cool Shark". The best!

Streets "Cool Shark". The best!

Razz.

Pie, sauce. Always too hot, and half the meat fell out onto the ground while you tried to eat it. They didn't make great pies where I grew up, structurally I mean. Great days. 

Yeah sure it fell out on the ground. I bet it fell out on your face and dribbled off your chin and out of the corners of your mouth. Anyway, were was this place of unstable pies to which you refer?

Being senile, I can only remember back to lunchtime.

They never baked bread on weekends when I was at school, so we’d get a pie or pastie on Mondays - Noon pies IIRC. may have cost 1/- or 1/2 with sauce.

And mum only let me do lunch order on a Friday.

Once a week for me too. Pie with sauce, custard tart, and probably a drink which I now have NFI what it was.