What did you order in your lunch order? - Throwback Thursday

Same as AN, no fresh bread on Sunday so Monday was lunch order day. In Primary School it was a ham roll and a licorice strap. High school was a pie/pastie and a can of coke, which in year 9 was about a dollar in total IIRC.

My mum would work in the tuck shop once a fortnight.

That meal was known as MEGA LUNCH.

Pizza slice, sausage roll, pie, chocolate donut, chocolate big M and a heap of lollies.

Other than that, I usually had a winnie blue for lunch.

You couldn't beat a steamed dim sim 15 years ago.

You cant beat a steamed dim sim now.

I used to buy a butter roll and a packet of chicken twisties- twistie roll and a strawberry big m- nothing better

Oh! And a pineapple donut, yum!!

We had a fish and chip shop quite close to my primary school and Friday was lunch order day....being a Catholic school in the mid '60s to early '70s, pies weren't an option so it was usually 5cents worth of chips and 5 potato cakes (1c each).

But then onto local high school and discovered the wonder that was a sausage roll with sauce in a bread roll.

Pizza slice, sausage roll, pie, chocolate donut, chocolate big M and a heap of lollies.

O_O

O_O

Which bit, mega lunch or winnie blue?

As a teacher canteens are terrible nowadays. I use to get vegemite toasties (burger roll cut in half and grilled vegemite and cheese on it).

At primary school it was a Chicken burger and cola

Megz is going to cry.

Lasagna

Wow.

I had a peanut butter sandwich on white bread and a small plain milk.

Where the fark did you guys go to primary school?

High school - i was more like PP. Glazed pineapple donut or potato cakes and PJ super mild.

sausage roll in a bread roll

Outstanding !

Pasties and a fruit box.

In high school I used to like hot chips, lasagne or bread rolls with BBQ Samboy chips.

Outstanding !

At our school, that was called the "Three in one"

And I still dont know what the third component is/was.

Megz is going to cry.

Ha mine was lasagne. Plus Snap Crackle bars or Toffe Apples (the bar not the apple). Plus we had these bars like redskins but in multiple flavours that I can't remember what they were called.
Of course later once I decided to study dietetics I'd get a ham and salad roll.
Nowadays I'm glad canteens are going healthy.

I remember students us to bring a spoon to eat a meat pie. They were the days when you would flip the lid off the pie and get into the meat.

I admit I went through a phase at uni where a choc-coated jam donut and a curry pie were breakfast.

I remember students us to bring a spoon to eat a meat pie. They were the days when you would flip the lid off the pie and get into the meat.

This is probably the most bizarre thing I've ever read. Did you all have tiny mouths? Or no hands?