Pick #68 Has been used for:

• Simon Eastaugh - 1997 - 17 games
  • Michael Hartley - 2015 - 19 games*

Picks #95, #113, #131:

• never used

I think we should:

• Use pick 1 for McLuggage - to win the Brownlow in 4 years time
  • Use Pick 20 for a an outside mid - to replace Stanton in 2 years
Use Pick 41 for a tall/utility - to replace Luey and TBC in their old age..

Thoughts?

Best half realistic result IMO:

1- McClugg/McGrath/Brodie

20- Jy Simpkin/Jarrod Berry/Daniel Venables/Shai Bolton

29- Luke Ryan/Ryan Clarke/Willem Drew

41- Darcy Cameron/any other mature state league ruckman OR anyone we like who has slid.

68- Brett Eddy/L Tiziani/A Hepp/ N Holmes

Basically I’d like if we were to go something along the lines of

1- A gun mid (McC’s or Brodie)

20/29- A natural goalkicking small forward (i.e. Simpkin hopefully, Venables sort of, maybe Bolton but more a mid which is ok)

20/29- A good young half back flanker (i.e. Jarrod Berry, Luke Ryan, Josh Rotham, Alex Witherden)

41- An inside mid that has slid (i.e. Drew, Clarke) or a state league ruck (i.e. D Cameron but this may be better addressed in rookie draft)

68- A state league gem (i.e. someone from our own VFL team or others or someone from SANFL or WAFL i.e. Brett Eddy)

*This is obviously assuming we will pick down to 68 in the ND

McGrath , Bolton / Florent /SPP , Drew/ Graham .

Daniel Venables - slide to 20!

I’m a big fan of turning 1 & a later pick into 2 top tens.

Sorry

McCluggage
Venables simpkin or Bolton
That’s as far as I’ve got

The good thing is , we should get good players at 20 and 29 . McG OR McC and then two more classy players . Look at Cal Twomey’s top 30 phantom form guide . There are still good players left after pick 30 . No need to be upset about not getting the dream , of two top ten picks .

I’m hoping we get players

Pick 1: Hugh McCluggage (North Ballarat Rebels)
Pick 20: Jarrod Berry (North Ballarat Rebels)
Pick 29: William Drew (North Ballarat Rebels)
Pick 41: Cedric Cox (North Ballarat Rebels)

Midfielders with the first 2 picks can never have too many midfielders something that we haven’t done over the years then best available after that sorta think we may use 4 picks only…

Tall stocks are covered …

maybe another small forward but yeastin is still with us…

midfielders midfileders and more midfielders and not ones that are HBF that can maybe move into the midfielders

oh and trent macknzie will be a bomber next year…so another left footer to compliment him at pick 41…

Pick 1: SPS
PIck 20: Shai Bolton
Pick 29: Cedric Cox
Pick 41: Ben Long.

Ben’s wishlist.

Midfielders with the first 2 picks can never have too many midfielders something that we haven't done over the years then best available after that sorta think we may use 4 picks only....

Tall stocks are covered …

maybe another small forward but yeastin is still with us…

midfielders midfileders and more midfielders and not ones that are HBF that can maybe move into the midfielders

oh and trent macknzie will be a bomber next year…so another left footer to compliment him at pick 41…

To tell him how good looking he is?

Ideally there will be someone we really rate that has slid to pick 20 which is very possible especially with GC having so many picks and perhaps not going for a player we really like.

Pick 1 - Andrew McGrath / McCluggage
Pick 20- Josh Battle ( Simpkin, Berry, Venables or Bolton would all be nice around this mark)
Pick 29- Wouldn’t mind one of Jack Graham, Scharanberg, Drew or D.Clarke to get some more midfield grunt

I like the history side of all our picks. All the numbers could/will change though with academy and F/S selections. Maybe even pick 1 if we bid on Bowes.

1. Hugh McCluggage
  2. Shai Bolton
  3. Dylan Clarke
  4. Aaron Heppell
  5. Nash Holmes
Pick 1: Hugh McCluggage (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 20: Jarrod Berry (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 29: William Drew (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 41: Cedric Cox (North Ballarat Rebels)
There's some sort of a pattern there but I'm not quite sure what it is.
Pick 1: Hugh McCluggage (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 20: Jarrod Berry (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 29: William Drew (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 41: Cedric Cox (North Ballarat Rebels)

Every players name has an “e” in it.

It’s ok… I figured it out. One of their names (first or surname) only has 1 vowel whilst the other name has multiple vowels.

That’s ok.

No thanks needed.

Do you think McCluggage will slip to our first pick?

1 clugga goal scoring mid pure class
20 and 29 inside mid and class
41 heppell

“We didn’t expect him to get to our pick. We rated him higher” - Dodoro on our pick 1