What to do with Melbourne?

Windy Dill.
Loves an underdog

One thing you can count on is football supporters underrating the opposition, and overrating their own.

He needs to literally discard half the list. Even get rid of Watts and keep anyone under 21 and build.

I'd get rid of everyone (regardless of age) who was there during Dean Bailey's term as coach.

I'm sorry Blummers. I like you, but that is ridiculous. The expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water" comes to mind.
So you'd get rid of the likes of Grimes, Howe, Frawley, Watts and Jones and start again? You're not going to create a winning culture by getting rid of your best players. You'd be resigning your team to another 10 years of misery.

Watts is sh*t.

Windy Dill.
Loves an underdog

One thing you can count on is football supporters understating the opposition, and overrating their own.

Is it possible to understate Melbourne though?

Melbourne has the right coach on board who can develop teams. Melbourne should be pushing for Roos to stay for 5 years. Poor development system is always trotted out when a team underperforms for a period of time. Strangest thing is that these underdeveloped players often high draft picks, move to other clubs with so called FANTASTIC development programs, and these players stay at about the same level. Sometimes clubs choose the wrong players. Drafting is not an exact science. 

I'd get rid of everyone (regardless of age) who was there during Dean Bailey's term as coach.

I'm sorry Blummers. I like you, but that is ridiculous. The expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water" comes to mind.
So you'd get rid of the likes of Grimes, Howe, Frawley, Watts and Jones and start again? You're not going to create a winning culture by getting rid of your best players. You'd be resigning your team to another 10 years of misery.
Normally, I wouldn't consider it.
But mentally, that team has been taught to lose and has become comfortable with sub standard play.
There is very little intensity in their play. The only ones who show that fight are Nathan Jones and Frawley. The rest just go about their footy like it is their second profession.
Think about it. How many players played during the Dean Bailey era actually have played in a finals game? I can only think of Nathan Jones as the only player to play a finals game. And I'm not sure he got value out of it because he was young at the time.
Is that the kind of 'leadership group' that you want leading and mentor new juniors coming into the game?
The team needs a restart. Yeah, it'll mean they are five to ten years away from being competitive, but I don't see them doing a Port Adelaide and turning it around so quickly. If they stick with those players, it'll still be a five year build (minimum) to be a competitive team.

2 out of 5 ain't bad

Windy Dill.
Loves an underdog

One thing you can count on is football supporters understating the opposition, and overrating their own.

And also having supporters overrating the opposition.

Seriously, of the 5 you mentioned, you would keep 2. Frawley and Jones.

They spent massive money on Clark, for what? What did he do at Brisbane that deserved the $1m a year price tag (don't think he ended up getting that but did get a massive amount of cash)

Dawes was given the boot by Collingwood and they still got a 1st round pick for him (or early second round, was top 20 I believe)

Freo were offering Clark $700k (remember he only wanted to come back to Perth for his family rea$on$ ?) before his "family" obviously relocated to Casey. When Jamar does finally retire hopefully they put Clark in the ruck, his best footy at Brisbane was there despite being fractionally undersized.

Send them to Tassie, Melbourne Van Diemens!

After beating us 2 years in a row, I don't care what they do, Enjoy the bottom of the ladder.

Send them to Tassie, Melbourne Van Diemens!

no.

send them to the Pilbara.

without water.

Does anyone else feel sorry for Nathan Jones?

I hate almost all non-Essendon players but feel sorry for this ■■■■■■■.

He must have loved being overlooked for frigging trengove and Grimes. Should be captain coach and arguably Pres as well.

Much admiration for him. No doubt has had offers to leave.
I propose a second tier national competition with promotion/relegation.
1. Bye bye tanking talk
2. Reward strong 2nd tier teams/players/coaches
It can never happen unfortunately, because of the draft, sub standard second tier grounds etc, but if ever there was a case for relegation, Melbourne is it. I honestly believe VFL teams would have beaten them over the last few years.

Trade them all, get something for them rather than nothing.  It's so sad seeing players that are 1000 times better than I ever was get nothing out of their careers.  They might do something somewhere else and their replacements could build a new team with a fresh attitude.

Mitch Clark has announced his retirement due to mental health issues/depression.

Mitch Clark has announced his retirement due to mental health issues/depression.

See, money can't buy happiness.

Would it have been different for him if he had gone to Freo 2 years ago?

Genuinely sorry to hear that and wish him all the best in his recovery.

Genuinely sorry to hear that and wish him all the best in his recovery.

couldn't of said it any better myself. Wish him nothing but the best. Get well soon Mitch, your health is the most important thing