What to do with Melbourne?

Why does anyone care about Melbourne? Someone needs to finish at or near the bottom. They’ve just been nice enough to take the hit for everyone for the last decade.

They’ll probably come good at some stage. Just enjoy the fact it’s not us in their predicament.

For what it’s worth I think they’re going to go better this year than last year. That’s not saying much I know. But as others have already pointed out, at least they’re getting the ball this year, which is a start on last year’s ‘efforts’. They’ll still probably run last though. 16th at best

Who's JPK?

Who's JPK?

JFK's brother?

I reckon they should probably tank for draft picks

then merge with norfs

Roll em up in a carpet and throw em off a bridge. 

I say we get rid of Melbourne, North, Bulldogs, the expansion clubs, the West Australian teams, the South Australian teams, all the clubs east of the CBD to alleviate traffic congestion, and also send Geelong to the VFL. The league will be much better off for it.

I’d get rid of everyone (regardless of age) who was there during Dean Bailey’s term as coach.

You cannot teach players how to win, by trying to manufacture losses on purpose. Every player there has a ‘loser mentality’ and need to go to another club to learn what it takes to be successful under other players who have gone through the riggers of good tough footy.

I’d then bring in veterans from other clubs to instill the right winning culture. Cross and Vince are a step in the right direction for this kind of thing. Keep going to the draft, trade for cheap young players (GWS players would be good) and get some young cheap free agents when you get a chance.

The losing culture at Melbourne is still there and must be eradicated. Nathan Jones is their best player and he wouldn’t break into more than half the midfields going around at the moment. And the ones he does would have him as he third or fourth best midfielder.

get diamond joe back.

then they'd have two tight arses in charge.

This is the club we struggled to beat for a few years there…

This is the club we struggled to beat for a few years there...

Actually, now that you mention it, fark em, they should stay exactly as they are and everyone, stop giving hints on how to fix their club, you know they scour footy forums for tactics and ideas..

Fitzroy won 38 of their last 152. Just sayin'...

How many of those 38 wins were against Essendon?
If I recall correctly, we held Fitzroy scoreless to half-time in our last game...

Windy Dill.

Loves an underdog

■■■■ them off like they should’ve done years ago.

Give us their MCG fixture.

If I recall correctly, we held Fitzroy scoreless to half-time in our last game...

That was round 1 1995 at Whitten Oval (they were 1.0.6 at 3/4 time too). Their last season was 1996

Screw Fitzroy.

This is the club we struggled to beat for a few years there...

Yep, im not willing to make any snide remarks about them because I know it will come back to bite me

Since 2007, Melbourne has won 34 of 156 games.

that stat just made my day. Thank you Scotty

I'd get rid of everyone (regardless of age) who was there during Dean Bailey's term as coach.

I'm sorry Blummers. I like you, but that is ridiculous. The expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water" comes to mind.
So you'd get rid of the likes of Grimes, Howe, Frawley, Watts and Jones and start again? You're not going to create a winning culture by getting rid of your best players. You'd be resigning your team to another 10 years of misery.

Melbourne is where talent goes to die