What Was The First Website You Can Remember

what was that website where you put a pic up, and people rated you? lols. losers.

Tinder

First website?

The banana bungalow in NY. Booked a room, $50 a night with free beer.

Got a hotmail account first. Then went in the MSN chat rooms, where they had all kinds rooms including rooms for hacking MSN chat rooms and neo-nazi rooms. Found a black kid in the former and introduced him to the latter.

hotornot?

nope. ratemypic?

not ratemypoo, campo. you sick fark.

picturepoll . that’stheone

I struggle to believe anyone who doesn't say ■■■■.

I do remember a sheila at work asking who'd been a particular black woman tennis player from the US, so we searched away, pre-Google. I think the first 5 pages were ■■■■, mainly lesbian ■■■■.
We finally ascertained it was Zena Garrison, but only by really, really specific searches.
Put this in the tennis thread.

All 5 pages - that will liven up that thread.

Started using the net in the dial up days. Remember the line would often disconnect - Having to reconnect must have doubled my phone bill. Maybe one of the earliest cases of Telstra's price gouging.

Does BBS count?

The first browser I recall using was Cello, I think. UGHHHHH, horrible stuff.

LYCOS Network

REAL PLAYER

■■■■ man some of you are young.

I remember my mate lending me his dial up username and password for his ISP. Can't remember what website I exactly visted first, but it would have been altavista, the first unofficial Essendon website Brad Patton (I think that was his name) did. And then obviously, ■■■■ and mIRC (not really a site).

Remember getting 'banned' from the school library in year 11 for 2 weeks as a result of someone 'daring' me to 'surf' for ■■■■ on the superfast 128kbps network or whatever it was. Anyway, www.■■■■.com was entered. Laughs ensued as a chick with her ■■■■ oot (pretty sure it was a highly compressed non animated GIF as well) on loaded in 30 seconds, super fast ■■■■. Anyway, the librarians 'office' was in the next room. One of them saw the 'offending' image and came in about a minute after I'd shut it down ie 1.3a or whatever the f--k version it was.

"What you were looking at was offensive!"

"What? Document1.doc?"

"NO. YOU NO WHAT YOU DID. YOU MUST LEAVE NOW"

"OK! Fine. I have no idea what you you're talking about, I'll just collect my printing"

So we walk out to the desk and I have to get my card back. She goes on again about the 'disgusting' image. I laugh proclaiming innocence.

Anyway two minutes later after I'd put my stuff back in my locker I'm walking back to the library and a stream of 20 kids (same ones that were also in the computer room with me) pours out laughing. It turns out that after I'd left, another girl went on the PC I was on. Had no idea how to 'start the internert' so asked for assistance. So the librarian sits down, says "Oh all you have to do is double click on INTERNET EXPLORERâ„¢ here.." For those that don't remember earlier versions of ie, it would automatically save the last page you were on and go straight to it. As it was loading the librarian had turned around to tell someone to keep it down. While that was happening, ■■■■■■■ appeared (  . Y  . ) The girl sat there with saying nothing, the librarian did a double take and lost her ■■■■. Turned off the computer and made EVERYONE in the computer room leave. She then said I'd 'infected the network with ■■■■' and I had to go to the 'cordinators' office. He wasn't that bad about it considering. Sort of laughed it off. "I hear you were doing some research in the library!" Then informed me of the 2 week 'ban'.

No idea what the first website was but I remember the search engine was altavista.

I'm not nearly as old as you guys but I was looking for cheats to one of my 64 games so someone showed me how to get to gamefaqs.com

Was in my old house so I was < 8 years old. Then when we moved I got into the ol' MSN messenger BIG time. What an era.

My first modem was a 28.8k, if that helps place my ‘internet age’.

As if I can remember. I do remember my mate and I used to go to Russian chat rooms and try and communicate with people. Good times.

Alta Vista and Infoseek.

I don't remember the first website I visited. Probably MSN chat. I remember the first ■■■■ site was Tekken ■■■■ and "it was by accident."

Yeah....

ASL?

I havent been in chat rooms for ages, but do guys still go in pretending to be lesbians in order to attract real lesbians, only to be hit on by 100's of guys or other pretend lesbians?

I havent been in chat rooms for ages, but do guys still go in pretending to be lesbians in order to attract real lesbians, only to be hit on by 100's of guys or other pretend lesbians?

I got that too!

I’ve still got my first modem, 56.6kbps. First website was the Pokemon website (when was about 7)

Alta Vista and Infoseek.

I don't remember the first website I visited. Probably MSN chat. I remember the first ■■■■ site was Tekken ■■■■ and "it was by accident."

Yeah....

OK fine. I saw the R18+ section on a Tekken fansite and couldn't resist. I was like 10.

Mendoza's story reminds me of some guys (not me I was a good kid) tricking our ancient IT fill in to look up ■■■■.com on one of the computers. Poor old dear.