What Was The First Website You Can Remember

I can't remember what the first site I visited was, but I was thinking the other day about the first time I posted on Bomberblitz. Was thinking about starting a thread to see who else remembered their first post. 

I remember that Rama was injured and I sheepishly inquired if anyone knew when he was due to come back. Anyone else remember their first post? 

I do.

Was seeking helpful and sincere advice from fellow Essendon supporters about things to do in Melbourne whilst over there to watch a game.

The tip about catching a train to Broadmeadows whilst wearing Essendon kit wasn't helpful at all.

Arseholes.

start.com

Very early social media site. Spent all day on it at school.

Lol. I have no idea about the first sites I visited, but I remember going to a Russian reverse engineering site way back in the dial up days, and the guy had a warning up not to enter his site with any Microsoft software enabled or he would scramble your pc. I'm me; I did, he did, it was very messy but also quite funny. Clever ■■■■■■■! Also back in the early days of broadband I was actually thrown off the Optus network and told to find another ISP for playing around with hacking tools.

Ah, back when the net was the wild west.

I can't remember what the first site I visited was, but I was thinking the other day about the first time I posted on Bomberblitz. Was thinking about starting a thread to see who else remembered their first post. 

I remember that Rama was injured and I sheepishly inquired if anyone knew when he was due to come back. Anyone else remember their first post? 

I do.

Was seeking helpful and sincere advice from fellow Essendon supporters about things to do in Melbourne whilst over there to watch a game.

The tip about catching a train to Broadmeadows whilst wearing Essendon kit wasn't helpful at all.

Arseholes.

I remember all that. And in the end you found a home on the net. And you are still here.

I can’t remember - been using the internet since I was 7 or 8 I think. I used to use Lycos though, and also Yahoo for a time. First got a Hotmail account in 1999.

I can't remember - been using the internet since I was 7 or 8 I think. I used to use Lycos though, and also Yahoo for a time. First got a Hotmail account in 1999.

Oh yeh, hotmail account.  What was the STOOPID first email you set yourself up with.

When I was 16 I thought this was funny [email protected]

[email protected]

when i was 14

I can't remember - been using the internet since I was 7 or 8 I think. I used to use Lycos though, and also Yahoo for a time. First got a Hotmail account in 1999.

Oh yeh, hotmail account.  What was the STOOPID first email you set yourself up with.

When I was 16 I thought this was funny [email protected]

Haha, it was [email protected]. So not much has changed since I was 10 :P

I've had two emails addresses ever. First one was hotmail, current is gmail.

I remember browsing when Yahoo had the category-based site listings. I think my first go at the internet was looking up stuff on Manchester United.

I think I made a website on Tripod back in the day, or was it geocities.

Alta Vista and Infoseek.

I don't remember the first website I visited. Probably MSN chat. I remember the first ■■■■ site was Tekken ■■■■ and it was by accident.

i hacked the school network when i was 15, and got banned from teh school library PC's for the remainder of year 11.

I struggle to believe anyone who doesn't say ■■■■.

I do remember a sheila at work asking who'd been a particular black woman tennis player from the US, so we searched away, pre-Google. I think the first 5 pages were ■■■■, mainly lesbian ■■■■.

We finally ascertained it was Zena Garrison, but only by really, really specific searches.

[email protected] -- think it was an Offspring lyric? Think it's still my Xbox login too.

[email protected] -- think it was an Offspring lyric? Think it's still my Xbox login too.

From the song want you bad.

i hacked the school network when i was 15, and got banned from teh school library PC's for the remainder of year 11.

further to that, the story was my mate and I accessed our school records and made some edits, mainly removing some of the teacher comments that implied we were less than ideal students. we then found we could send messages from any teacher, to any teacher. So we started telling the rather large book lady that the male laibarain had desires on her and vica versa. After sending messages we exited the library, except my mate left his school bag under the computer and each message showed what computer the message had been sent from. So male librarian sees message and runs to see who's at that computer, only to see my mate retrieving his bag. He dobbed me in. great mate.

I struggle to believe anyone who doesn't say ■■■■.

I do remember a sheila at work asking who'd been a particular black woman tennis player from the US, so we searched away, pre-Google. I think the first 5 pages were ■■■■, mainly lesbian ■■■■.
We finally ascertained it was Zena Garrison, but only by really, really specific searches.
Put this in the tennis thread.

further to that, the story was my mate and I accessed our school records and made some edits, mainly removing some of the teacher comments that implied we were less than ideal students. we then found we could send messages from any teacher, to any teacher. So we started telling the rather large book lady that the male laibarain had desires on her and vica versa. After sending messages we exited the library, except my mate left his school bag under the computer and each message showed what computer the message had been sent from. So male librarian sees message and runs to see who's at that computer, only to see my mate retrieving his bag. He dobbed me in. great mate.

But you didn't finish the story, did they get it on?

what was that website where you put a pic up, and people rated you? lols. losers.

hotornot?