What was your favourite board game? Throwback Thursday

Board games are a dying breed, but what was your favourite / s?

Multiple voting allowed!

Scattergories

Mousetrap, anything else is wrong.

Test Match was great, i even had the little clip on scoreboard. The only problem was none of my mates wanted to play it (losers!).

Mousetrap was fun when the frigging thing would actually work.

Cluedo and Monopoly got a fair run in my house but I would get bored of them pretty quickly.

Axis and Allies.

The Rum Rebellion

The Mining Game.

Trouble.

Hungry, hungry Hippo & Ker Plunk!!!

The bestest ever.

Probably not hard to guess mine.

Risk

Now it's Settlers of Catan

The waiting game.

Trouble.

Clue: the great museum caper

1-CMC-300x225.jpg

one person played as a robber without a piece on the board, recording their moves with a pen and a pad with the game board marked on it. if the player was seen by another player or a security camera (determined by dice rolls and perpendicular lines of sight) the robber had to put a piece down.

the point was to escape (the robber) with as many paintings as possible. you all took a turn at being the robber. if the robber hadn't been seen he could leave at any time out any of the multiple exists and say he had enough paintings and declare his round over. if you were seen the locks on all the exit points were activated and there were only a certain number of "unlocked" doors. the other players had to catch you before your escaped by landing on you.

if you were caught you got no paintings. THe players could also work out  where the robber was because he/she had to remove paintings from the board as he landed on them. the non robber players determined where to place paintings, cameras and locks throughout the game board.

there was a control room where the robber could go to reactivate all the security camera which would then have to be switched back on by another player.

As a kid it was unbelievably awesome but could lead to serious fights if people thought the robber was cheating (they got a turn between each other players move but could only move up to 3 squares, because these moves were concealed it was open to exploitation).

Risk was also awesome but i could rarely convince people to play it. ditto pictionary

monopoly was a solid staple.

favourite card game?

favourite card game?

The rorschach ink blot test

Protip: it's a ■■■■■■■

Monopoly = shittest thing ever invented.

Probably not hard to guess mine.

Ditto, although l don't play anymore. l play a variation of backgammon called Acey - Ducey. l also like Mastermind, Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit.

favourite card game?

i was going to say canasta but it seems pointless after that.

The great Australian gambling game.

Rummiking

favourite card game?

i was going to say canasta but it seems pointless after that.
Canasta is a great game. I still play it with my grandparents on the odd occasion.
As for board games, Trivial Pursuit used to get a good workout in our family and to a lesser extent, Monopoly. Guess Who? and Connect Four are also classics.

Clue: the great museum caper

1-CMC-300x225.jpg

one person played as a robber without a piece on the board, recording their moves with a pen and a pad with the game board marked on it. if the player was seen by another player or a security camera (determined by dice rolls and perpendicular lines of sight) the robber had to put a piece down.

the point was to escape (the robber) with as many paintings as possible. you all took a turn at being the robber. if the robber hadn't been seen he could leave at any time out any of the multiple exists and say he had enough paintings and declare his round over. if you were seen the locks on all the exit points were activated and there were only a certain number of "unlocked" doors. the other players had to catch you before your escaped by landing on you.

if you were caught you got no paintings. THe players could also work out  where the robber was because he/she had to remove paintings from the board as he landed on them. the non robber players determined where to place paintings, cameras and locks throughout the game board.

there was a control room where the robber could go to reactivate all the security camera which would then have to be switched back on by another player.

As a kid it was unbelievably awesome but could lead to serious fights if people thought the robber was cheating (they got a turn between each other players move but could only move up to 3 squares, because these moves were concealed it was open to exploitation).

YES!!!

Still gets dusted off when me and my brother visit mum and dad.

Test Match was fantastic. Only place I've ever been able to hit a six.