What was your favourite outdoors school game? - Throwback Thursday

What was your favourite outdoor primary / school game or activity?

For ten or more players.

Throw a tennis ball against a wall, bouncing it on the ground first.

The closest person to the rebound must catch it or they are out.

You don't have to be closest to decide to catch it.

If the ball hits the wall behind the players on the full then the thrower is out.

Don't know what people called it.

Aside from the obvious - footy - foursquare was pretty good.

And our school courtyard had ten ‘hand tennis’ courts set up, which was a great way to kill time.

Also, smoking behind the bike shed was great in the later years.

Brandy, before they banned it, in primary school (more or less British Bulldog). 

Good old kick to kick was always my favourite in high-school, until girls became interesting, and even then, there was always time for kick to kick, and girls... 

We used to play "duck hunt" where everyone would line up against a wall and one person with a tennis ball had to try and hit someone on the wall from a fixed distance).

I remember splitting one kid right open once… good times.

soccer four square in high school

500 in primary school

What is 500?

Primary school was generally footy, basketball or cricket

High school was soccer, brandy (aka Murder Ball in the poll), four square (great big 30-40 player version), down ball or Animalball (two teams, one ball, whoever is holding it at the bell wins; no other rules)

I remember a game of tiggy in primary school, where the fat kid was 'it' for an entire week. Poor ■■■■■■■. 

Brandy, before they banned it, in primary school (more or less British Bulldog). 

Good old kick to kick was always my favourite in high-school, until girls became interesting, and even then, there was always time for kick to kick, and girls... 

brandy for me too, preferably gang brandy. still remember watching Luke ***** run headlong into the net ball post because he was watching me as i prepared to throw the ball at him. 

also remember hitting a teacher by accident and skillfully turning and walking in the opposite direction :)

knuckling the ball away was always so satisfying.

got banned out our school when we changed from a tennis ball to a squash ball and a few people got hurt.

Brandy, before they banned it, in primary school (sort of like British Bulldog irrc). 

brandy for me too, preferably gang brandy. still remember watching Luke ***** run headlong into the net ball post because he was watching me as i prepared to throw the ball at him. 

also remember hitting a teacher by accident and skillfully turning and walking in the opposite direction :)

got banned out our school when we changed from a tennis ball to a squash ball and a few people got hurt.

I think we started to wet the ball, but they were onto it before then anyway. 

daily juice footy was also gold. footy with a fruit choose bottle in the quad, primary objective was shepherding. got banned after the 3rd broken collar bone. 

I just remembered a game we played called Rodney King. One person was nominated Rodney King, the rest were cops except for one person who was someone with a camera. If the person with the camera was in sight you couldn't beat up Rodney. Everyone started in different areas. Once the cameraman found Rodney a new Rodney was chosen from the cops. If Rodney was beaten the cameraman becomes Rodney.

Completely politically incorrect.

British Bulldogs. You could seriously just wreck ■■■■■

and to be clear brandy is not dodge-ball

Brandy was just Tag with a tennis ball right? Whomever was tagged then threw the ball.

Our school played dodgeball in the gym rather than outside. 6 volleyballs in a game.

We played Punchball at lunchtime in the front of the school, Once I got to grade 4 and up, Punchball  was king no matter what season (although cricket in the nets took usually won out in Summer). Downball was also popular.

At High School, kick to kick was great, but I was the shortest kick of my cohort so when I got the ball I was either trying to kick torps, going to about half way between the groups to kick or both.

Good old downball. And I was pretty ■■■■■■■ good at it too. Better than the kids who played in gloves.

Brandy was just Tag with a tennis ball right? Whomever was tagged then threw the ball.

Our school played dodgeball in the gym rather than outside. 6 volleyballs in a game.

actually i think dodgeball was called poison ball here.

and yes brandy is tag with a tennis ball - we used to play gang brandy so that as each person was struck more and more people became 'it' at the same time.

Good old downball. And I was pretty ******* good at it too. Better than the kids who played in gloves.

Like Travis Cloke.