What would you do if you were in charge?

Ok, so you have just been appointed as the head honcho of the Essendon Football Club and have full control of what happens in the future. Football department, appointments, recruiting, finances, everything. What are you going to do to fix this mess up at Essendon…your move.

I’d be looking at implementing a cutting edge supplements program and try to steal a march on the competition by improving our recovery and performance.

Next I’d poach Gianni Infantino from FIFA to ensure our governance is up to speed.

35 Likes

:slight_smile:

Some sort of quasi military style camp.

6 Likes

Full club-wide review of the entire Football Department as per Geelong 2006, Richmond 2016 and Collingwood 2017. Adrian Dodoro, Tom Bellchambers, David Zaharakis - Thanks for your services but you’re no longer required. That’s a starting point. If I can punt the CEO I would do that too.

3 Likes

Resign, lol

11 Likes

First on the list of priorities…fark football and success…let’s plough hundreds of thousands of dollars into buying an eSports team.

What too soon?

8 Likes

11 Likes

New recruiting team
Full re-build
Stick with Rutten & Caracella

get on the phone to gil and ask if there is any chance they will give us a fair run going forward, or we have to tread water until saga players gone.

3 Likes

The total opposite to what we have done for the last 15 years. That would be a start.

2 Likes

So, a total review with a view to moving a few on and renewing our focus on winning Premierships?

1 Like

10 Likes

I’d do whateverittakes

7 Likes

16 Likes

Scrap the current board, scrap adrian dodoro and the entire list mangement and recruiting department. Replace them with all footy minded people and initiate the rebuild.

Trade out every player over 23 for whatever picks you can get and the draft as hard as you can.

While doing this i would be rebuilding the culture and changing the standards.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Buy a time machine off gumtree and go back in time and make sure that farkwit Dank never stepped foot in the club.

3 Likes
  • Sign up Mcgrath, Saad, langford and snelling. They are genuine best 22 talent, uncontracted.

• Put Rutten in as head coach. Move Woosha to a training role and non match day consulting only until seasons end. Let truck make mistakes and see how he works under pressure.

• off field negotiate our move back to the MCG. Cut membership prices and set a goal for a 20% increase in new matchday members to cover the revenue lost. Set a target to increase interstate away memberships.

• indicate subtley that Essendon will be active in this years trade period to rebuild our list around Ben Rutten’s coaching philosophy.

• Seek a deal if retirements not an option for Belly at a rival club to look after him.

5 Likes

So your new culture involves getting rid of every player over 23?
Presumably that’s on a rolling basis each year, or it wouldn’t be much of a culture.
Soylent Green must have really had a memorable impact when you read it.

1 Like